Facebook Networking....

A place for rescues to chat about rescue work, animals, transports etc.
tahoechick

Facebook Networking....

Post by tahoechick » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:58 am

Hi everyone,
Hope you are having a great evening. I wanted to introduce myself, I am Marcy in Los Angeles. Recently I've become active in several facebook networks, PetConnect.us, Angels for Animals Network, and others. My love for animals dates back to my childhood as I've grown up with pooches all my life. I've been an avid dog owner and have NEVER paid for one from a puppy mill or breeder! I want to adopt all of these lovely babies before they are destroyed. Most of them are healthy and loveable and TRAINED but dumped by someone who was supposed to love them. I've found pilotsnpaws.org through researching pet transport services from CA to other states. I am a HUGE supporter of this site as every response to my rescue transports have been met with kindness and empathy. Please if you can donate to their organizaiton and prayers for all the pilots safety. I am employed full time at a hospital here in L.A. However on my days off (they are different every week) I go to shelters, pull pups and transport them from the hospital to forever homes or fosters. We always strive to get the pups adopted locally but in some cases there are NO interest on our threads for adoption. So I must look elsewhere for forever placement. We have recently gotten Buddy a 15 yr old Aussie Shepard to Renee in TX. The experience of saving him, nursing him back to health and watching him thrive in his new home is so heartwarming. My motto is one dog at a time, which is all I can do sometimes :( If you are a rescue in need of transport in the L.A. area, I do ground in my own vehicle and pay my own gas, maybe I can help you. Please let me know if you have a pup that needs transport from your facility to airports in the L.A. area and I would be glad to coordinate with any pilot offering their services from this site.
Good luck...peace, love and paws!
~Marcy