Bald Eagle Transport

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Katamarino
Zip Code: 77079
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Bald Eagle Transport

Post by Katamarino » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:58 pm

If the weather cooperates I could fly a leg from OH to MD on Sunday.

Ribrahim

Post by Ribrahim » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 pm

I have a Saratoga that can load/unload the crate in one piece. I would be happy to take it to somewhere in Ohio, beyond that the fuel cost gets very high.

It looks like you have a couple of people willing to make the entire run. If for some reason they do not work out, I can do the partial trip. Or as an option, if we could raise funds or get the fuel donated, I could make the full trip non-stop, as that range is not an issue for my plane.

Reed

nceec

Post by nceec » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks, guys. I greatly appreciate your offers to help. Are you okay to wait the weekend to see if any of the folks who offered to do the trip in one day are still interested? ~Paula

archerpilot
Airport identifier: 2W6

Post by archerpilot » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm

I know I am jumping into this late but did speak with Paula a few days ago. The WX looks good this weekend. If Reed, Ribrahim, could transport eagle to Zanesville, Ohio (KZZV) Saturday or Sunday either Katamarino or myself could transport eagle to Maryland a/p (2W5). I am available both days. It is about a 3 hour flight out for me because of head winds and a little less coming back. Paula if you could comment on eagle availability tomorrow and Reed comment if this works for you. If it works that Sunday is the day then Katamarino you can take the second leg if you want.

Katamarino

Post by Katamarino » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:55 pm

The weather is looking borderline but may be ok. I am certainly available and could also hand over to you if you want to do the third leg and give us both slightly shorter flights.

archerpilot
Airport identifier: 2W6

Post by archerpilot » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:03 pm

It might be easier if we communicate directly. My cell is 301-523-1444 and email is [email protected]. -Wes Hughes

nceec

Post by nceec » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Okay, if Reed is up for it, Brooke in WI said they can make it work. Wes, she said she can find a slightly smaller carrier, but wants to know what you need. I am tracking down someone to help me w/ the eagle, but will make it work on our end. Reed, Brooke's number is 608-444-0186
My number is 240-682-1175

Thanks,
Paula

Ribrahim

Post by Ribrahim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:40 pm

I am in, however logistically it will probably be best if it is Sunday rather than tomorrow. I have some tricky planning to do.

Let's switch to email and we can nail down the last pieces if this. I have a few concerns, but we should be able to work through them.

My email is [email protected]

Katamarino

Post by Katamarino » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Edited
Last edited by Katamarino on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nceec

Post by nceec » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:26 pm

After looking at details it looks like things won't work out for this weekend, so we're still looking for getting the eagle from WI to MD. Thanks!
~Paula