What happened to Ground Vol Map feature???

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
lizsyring

What happened to Ground Vol Map feature???

Post by lizsyring » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 pm

For the past 5 days I've been unable to locate ground volunteers due to google map link not working. When I click on the pointer for vol location it just says "ADDRESS"
I can't reach any ground volunteer!!!!

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: What happened to Ground Vol Map feature???

Post by Steve Foley » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:19 am

The map is simply overloaded with the number of volunteers and pilots. I certainly never expected the overwhelming number of people willing to help.

Unfortunately, due to other commitments, I can't work on this until after 12/25. Hopefully I'll have some kind of resolution shortly after that.

lizsyring

Post by lizsyring » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:30 pm

I still can't access the database of ground volunteers...... the links on the map don't work and I don't know if there is another way to access their contact info w/ IDs....

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No

Post by Steve Foley » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I've made some changes to the 'more mapping options' link on the rides board. This will now let you produce a list of pilots/volunteers rather than mapping them.

When looking at a ride request, there's a yellow link top 'more mapping options' along the top. Try that.

lizsyring

Post by lizsyring » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Unfortunately, the link to volunteers in the flight path doesn't identify each volunteer with their contact info. I still can't email the volunteers in that area to contact them for ground support. This is a MAJOR deterrent to setting up flights with more than 1 leg.
PLEASE help us rescuers be able to contact and set up ground support for stopovers!!

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes

Post by admin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:36 pm

lizsyring wrote:Unfortunately, the link to volunteers in the flight path doesn't identify each volunteer with their contact info. I still can't email the volunteers in that area to contact them for ground support. This is a MAJOR deterrent to setting up flights with more than 1 leg.
PLEASE help us rescuers be able to contact and set up ground support for stopovers!!
Liz, this is a google map problem, hence now our problem. We have an overwhelming number of volunteers across the country and the map system simply cannot handle it. So, what Steve has done, is this.

When you have made your request say from Charlotte to Cleveland, then click on More Mapping Options. Under that you will see a long list of choices. Towards the bottom of those choices it will give you an option to click on volunteers between Charlotte and Cleveland, Volunteers near Charlotte, Volunteers near Cleveland. When you open one of those, a list comes up with the usernames and their location. True, you then need to search for the username under the members list (they are listed by first letter of the name) or it may come up using the regular search tool on the board index if they have made requests themselves. From there, you can email them or PM them. We know this is more difficult, particularly for the longer flights, but so far this is the best we can do. If you need more information on how to use this new part of the tool, please just ask and we will do our best to advise.

Debi

Debi