Ride Home From Germany

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
ralphorlando

Ride Home From Germany

Post by ralphorlando » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:13 pm

My dog obedience club in Daytona Beach,FL supports Military Working Dog K-9 Teams in Iraq, Afghanistan and Germany. We have followed one team from Germany to Afghanistan and back to Germany. The soldier, Sgt. Holley, has just returned to the USA but the Army has retired his dog (Johnson) in Germany. Permission was granted for this canine soldier to be adopted by his handler.

I am requesting help with ideas and contacts to make Johnson's travel back to Ft.Belvoir,Va a safe one. Our club and many supporters will gladly pay for Johnson's travel back to his owner.

I am not certain if Pilot's N Paws can help with the travel part since we are hopeful a direct flight into Dulles would be perfect as it the closest major international airport to Ft.Belvoir.

I am seeking anyone with experience in this matter to give me direction for a safe ride.

I was a an Army pilot and airline pilot for 28 years before hanging it up 20 years ago.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Ride Home From Germany

Post by deeogee1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Have you tried contacting this group http://www.militaryworkingdogadoptions.com/index.html ?