Chihuahua to Salt Lake from CA missing both front legs.

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
rdyer01
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Chihuahua to Salt Lake from CA missing both front legs.

Post by rdyer01 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi,
I am new to this. We are adopting a darling chihuahua boy from California. He was born without his front legs and cannot fly in cargo commercially. We need help to get him home to us in Salt Lake. My husband is a Disabled Gulf War Veteran and this would mean the world to him if we could get this baby home. He has a bright future as a therapy companion. Can anyone help?

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Chihuahua to Salt Lake from CA missing both front legs.

Post by deeogee1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi rdyer01,
Welcome to Pilots N Paws. You have come to the right place~~I'm sure there are pilots along the route who would be willing to help. I see you have posted the request on the Ride Board. That is the first step. :)
You can watch for pilots posting offers on your thread & work with them directly, or you can start contacting pilots now. Many pilots are signed up to receive notification of any requests in their area, so you may want to give it a few days for them to see your post.
If you prefer to start asking individual pilots for help, go to your request and at the top click on the orange More Mapping Options. This opens a page where you can choose the option to Display Map of Pilots . By clicking on any plane, that pilot's info box pops up and then you can access their profile & send them an email through PNP. (Copying & pasting works best here since the more pilots you contact, the better your chances are of filling the transport).
Or go to this post for more information. faq.php?mode=rescue

Best wishes for your adoption. It sounds like a wonderful plan to help others while providing a loving home for this baby.

Joanne