Transport of dog from Canada

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
trudypeischl

Transport of dog from Canada

Post by trudypeischl » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:21 pm

I am still having trouble figuring out how to post this request for transport from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada to the Seattle area. Please help. Must I sign up with PNP in Vancouver< BC, Canada or what. This little dog needs immediate attention and every day counts. The Zip Code box will not accept a Canadian zip code. I really feel like a dummy. Please advise and help. Thanks

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport of dog from Canada

Post by admin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:07 pm

trudypeischl wrote:I am still having trouble figuring out how to post this request for transport from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada to the Seattle area. Please help. Must I sign up with PNP in Vancouver< BC, Canada or what. This little dog needs immediate attention and every day counts. The Zip Code box will not accept a Canadian zip code. I really feel like a dummy. Please advise and help. Thanks
Hi Trudy, because our software modifications are set up on U.S. zip codes in order to send automatic notifications of a flight request to our pilots, the only way to coordinate with a U.S. pilot who might be able to help is to draw a straight line from the sending location to the receiving location. Then choose the closest U.S. zip code on the border along that line and use it to post your request. I would also include in your subject line that the destination is Vancouver BC.

We do have a few Canadian pilots who are registered with PNP USA but good news, there is also a PNP Canada now http://www.pilotsnpawscanada.com I would suggest registering with them as well. You will need to monitor each group and coordinate any pilots who reply. Please keep in mind that pilots are very controlled by weather and distance.

Thank you for all you do to help animals in need.