I need some direction on assistance.

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Warsie001

I need some direction on assistance.

Post by Warsie001 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:30 pm

have adopted a dog named Troy, a german shepherd, he is out in California and I am in Tennessee. he was just pulled from the shelter yesterday and has to be boarded and seen by a vet to get a health certificate. He came from the shelter with kennel cough and when that is cleared up he goes back to be neutered. My question is. When should I put in a request for transportation, after he gets his Health Certificate and the two week waiting period or is there a two week waiting period like there is with the ground transport people? I'm at a loss as to what to do, I just know I wish to get Troy home safely and as soon as possible once he is well as he will be my son's companion dog. Thank you for any assistance or information you can give me. Laura L Mills

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: I need some direction on assistance.

Post by deeogee1 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 pm

I do have to start by saying that transport from CA to TN is extremely long and may not be possible thru our volunteer pilots who normally fly 200-300 mi. each. It is hard to coordinate the number of pilots needed for that distance to be available at the same time and also to not run into weather issues, mechanical problems and overnight stays for the dog. You may be better off looking into commercial transport.
There is no waiting period. Once he has a health certificate he's good to go. :)

That said, if you still wish to post a request, I would do it now. It takes time to get all set up with the pilots when there are multiple legs to fill.

Good luck!

Warsie001

Post by Warsie001 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Thank you very much I do appreciate it

RLL456

Post by RLL456 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:45 pm

I am in Nashville TN if you need assistance:)

Ron