2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

2 Advisors here to help

Post by deeogee1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi PNP members--
This is a new section developed by the Administration to assist anyone having difficulty setting up transport.
For now there are 2 advisors: Roberta Harding, and (myself) Joanne Kubacki
Between us, there is a wide variety of transport experience.

Roberta --(member name: robertam)
I am with the Bluegrass SHih-tzu Rescue in Lexington, KY

Joanne --(member name: deeogee1)
I am not affiliated with any particular rescue. I am in Indianapolis,IN

In the near future, Roberta will be posting sample forms that she has developed and find very useful in her own planned transports. In the meantime, feel free to ask questions here or PM us. We will try to answer you in a timely manner.

Thank you all for your rescue efforts!

dnarron

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by dnarron » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:53 am

hi. my name is diane narron and i think i posted a request for a flight correctly? i'm not very computer savy. how do i chedk to make sure it went thru. and will i hear from someone either way? this is a pit bull in wilson, nc going to a home near portland, maine. this very sweet girl Honey was severally injured when attacked by 3 other dogs. she's gone thru several surgeries and is finally on the mend. but the vet thinks that a road trip that long will be too hard on her. so he suggested an animal flight service. i just want to get her there because we never adopt pits around here. and they've been waiting for her for 3 weeks. i don't want them to give up and take another dog. honey desperately needs a home of her own. thanks. diane narron - [email protected] or 252-299-0976

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi Diane,
Thank you for joining PNP. To answer your question--yes, you posted the request correctly & it did go through. Once you post and hit the "submit" box, you can either click the red line that says "Click here to see your post" or it should pop up on your automatically once the process completes the posting.
You can be notified of new messages to your post if you sign in, go to your post and scroll to the bottom of the page.
In the blue box on the left hand side is a line that reads "subscribe to topic" click that line & then anytime someone adds a message to your post, you will get an email telling you of the new message. If you don't subscribe to a topic, then you need to just check back on the board at intervals.

You can also directly contact pilots/volunteers along the route your transport takes. Click the red "Map this request" message at the top left of your post. A map will open that shows the route & where members are located. Click on the icon & a box opens giving you that person's info so you can email them or send a private message.
Pilots may not always see a request--some don't check the board often. By emailing them, you can make them aware of your need.

Because this a fairly long trip, you will most likely need several pilots and lots of coordinating. Let us know if you have more questions along the way.

Good luck,
Joanne

klewis

Post by klewis » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Does anyone know if there is still room on the June 20th flight from Savannah, Ga? I have an abused puppy that I rescued Monday. I have had alot of interest in this puppy from the Maryland and New Jersey area. I was wondering if it was too late to get this little boy on a flight.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

klewis wrote:Does anyone know if there is still room on the June 20th flight from Savannah, Ga? I have an abused puppy that I rescued Monday. I have had alot of interest in this puppy from the Maryland and New Jersey area. I was wondering if it was too late to get this little boy on a flight.
Please go to the Ride Board and post your request here:
http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7508

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes

Post by admin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm

klewis wrote:Does anyone know if there is still room on the June 20th flight from Savannah, Ga? I have an abused puppy that I rescued Monday. I have had alot of interest in this puppy from the Maryland and New Jersey area. I was wondering if it was too late to get this little boy on a flight.
Roberta is correct, you will need to post your request on the regular ride board. All the flights for the fly-in have been filled at this point in time. BUT, that doesn't mean another pilot, or pilots, won't be available to assist you. You need to have the sending and receiving parties already arranged prior to requiring any transport. Best of luck to you and thanks for helping animals in need.

Debi

wagoninnrescue

Post by wagoninnrescue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi. My name is Kathy Miles and I just joined this group in hopes at finding another way to get dogs from a shelter if Fayetteville Tennessee to Rumson New Jersey. Do you have any suggestions or advise or do I just fill out a request for transport. Thanks for any assistance.

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes

Post by suzy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:37 am

Hi Kathy,
Welcome to PilotsNPaws. I've attached a guide to go by in posting your request. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy and fun and you make a lot of new friedns. Let us know if you need further help.
Suzy
PNP Advisor
Attachments
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PNP POSTINGS.doc
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 430 times

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:14 am

My name is Linda Merideth.....I have been trying to het an adult yellow Lab and a 20 lb. puppy to W. Kennebunk, Maine for about 2 weeks......If I can't get them there within the next few days, I could have to wait until they have space again, which could be 2 weeks or more. I will be more than happy to get these 2 puppies to, say, Nashville, where I have a friend who will overnight them if we can get them there........I can drive them to Memphis TN and I may have someone who leaves Memphis on Fridays driving to Nashville, TN each Friday.

I originally wanted to send 4 smaller puppies, all between 20 - 25 lbs., but I am working on finding pilots for them that will leave Paduccah on probably on Tuesday........I have one driver who can drive them to Paduccah, KY and then a foster for them in Falmouth, KY, only 5 hrs. away........I would absolute love some pilot help getting them from Paduccah to Falmouth, IF POSSIBLE. I then have several pilots who have offered to help from there.

ALL of these dogs have been boarded for a minimum of 2 months......ALL are spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, will have their Allen & Griffin medical records, their Rabies, Health Certificate and anythiing else you need! I have never, ever sent off a sick dog, and I can PROMISE you, these babies are 110% healthy

I have been trying to set these transports up for weeks......I just have a serious cognitive disorder memory problem and this is extremely hard for me! I'm not lady, but I am covered up with 9 foster dogs and a litter of 5 puppies and 2 very sick cats that require A LOT of my time.......I also had to drive a transport to NC last week to get ten babies to their final rescue and I drove 5 kittens to J'son this week to another rescue......I am just exhaused! Please help if you can, but if not, I truly understand.....you are probably just as exhausted as I am! but I bet your brain is better!!

Thanks a million,
Linda Merideth
662-822-0000

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 am

Thank you, VERY, VERY much. I have emailed the lady in the area that I have the hardest time finding volunteers for.......maybe she can help me.

Thank you for being so kind and generous to help!!

Liinda Merideth
www.arrf-arrf.org
www.awlofms.org