2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Mkpeinado
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 Advisors here to help

Post by Mkpeinado » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:30 pm

hello!! im looking forward to posting my first transport request. I am with a rescue group who has a 20 pound terrier mix with 6 babies that need to get from dfw area to just outside Nashville. How do I get started asking for transport help?

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi & welcome!
Go to the section titled Ride Board-Animals needing transport. Click New Topic in the upper left corner just above the announcements box and fill in the page that pops up. Be sure to hit submit at the bottom and check back often to see if any pilots have replied.
Good luck,

Joanne

Mkpeinado

Post by Mkpeinado » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:09 pm

ok ty!

marycottey

Post by marycottey » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:52 pm

There is a great dane in a kill shelter in Las Vegas in horrid condition. I cannot afford to transport, but would love to be owned by him, if he can come to Colorado. I am not affiliated with a rescue. In fact, a rescue thought I was in horrid condition come to think of it. But I'd love to help this dane.

Mkpeinado

Post by Mkpeinado » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 am

I don't know what you are asking of me?

ShelleyMarshall

Post by ShelleyMarshall » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks for offering help! I just posted a route from Macon GA to Eugene Oregon. I have to find multiple legs to even make this doable but I have no idea how to do so. I know most pilots only go 200 miles, but how do you map out legs and know how many nautical miles there are? I am lost and could really use help or else this little girl won't make it to her forever family. Thank you for any advice!!

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:13 pm

ShelleyMarshall wrote:Thanks for offering help! I just posted a route from Macon GA to Eugene Oregon. I have to find multiple legs to even make this doable but I have no idea how to do so. I know most pilots only go 200 miles, but how do you map out legs and know how many nautical miles there are? I am lost and could really use help or else this little girl won't make it to her forever family. Thank you for any advice!!
This trip is just too far for our pilots to help. You would need multiple pilots as well as overnight fosters along the route.
Pilot availability and weather are the main factors that make this transport undoable. Your best bet would be either commercial airlines or Operation Roger where long haul truckers transport pets. If money is a factor, some people use
http://www.gofundme.com

kkubala

Post by kkubala » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:06 am

Hi! I volunteer with a rescue in southern Illinois that is looking to help rescue dogs on a regular basis from a high kill animal control in Odessa, Texas. The Illinois group has someone in Paducah, Kentucky, so she will need someone to transport from Texas to there, if not all the way to Illinois. Where is the best place to post this info?
Thank you!

precioussouls

Post by precioussouls » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi...I am a new user and can't seem to find the way to post a transport need. I go to the ride board but do not see the way to enter my request. lease help

Diania Laubacher

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:02 am

precioussouls wrote:Hi...I am a new user and can't seem to find the way to post a transport need. I go to the ride board but do not see the way to enter my request. lease help

Diania Laubacher

Do you have a specific question on how to post your request?
This section should answer many, if not all of your questions: faq.php?mode=rescue

The process (in a nutshell) is as follows:

On the Board Index Page, where you found this forum, you will also see a forum titled:
Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport.
1. Click on that forum and open it.
2. On upper left of page you will see NEW TOPIC, click on that because your request is new.
3. Have sending and receiving zip codes on hand along with all the pertinent information about the animals and contacts
4. Fill in the subject line, zip codes, answer ALL the pre-launched questions in the form
5. Scroll down and click on Submit, your request is now posted.

You can log in and check your request every day on the board buy clicking on and opening your post and looking for any replies from pilots. You can aso receive an automated email if anyone at all replies to any of your posts. You can read that email and follow the instructions their, clicking on the link they provide for you to take you directly to the message. To sign up for automated notification, mark the "notify me when a reply is posted" in the blue option box below before submitting your request.
Hope this helps you get started. Good luck!

Joanne