2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
paula malatesta

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by paula malatesta » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:58 am

i am finding much dificulity getting results posting here. I know how to post request but never hear anything back so time is lost and animals go unrescuedunless i find alternate transportation. I try clicking on the pilot baloons along the route to try to send private messages to them but nothing shows up when i click, only adress of which there are none printed, so all i have is just the original request for transportation and i never hear anything. paula malatesta

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by suzy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:37 am

Hi Paula,
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I have found that e-mailing pilots is more effective. When you click on "Other Mapping Options" at the top of your posting and then click on the first link that gives you the pilots on your route, when their profile "bubble" comes up, click on the first link to view the pilot's profile. Once that is up, on the bottom left, click on "e-mail (profile name)". The e-mail box will come up. Put in your subject line "PNP Request: from and to locations. Then I try to give brief but thorough information as to what I am asking of them. If I have a pilot for one leg, I will say in the e-mail that I have a pilot from where to where and ask if this pilot can do another leg and if so, how far would they be willing to go. I send multiple e-mails (by copying and pasting) to 10, 20, 30 pilots. If I don't get any responses, I'll go back and continue down the list. I usually always get the trip filled eventually.

You didn't say how far your trip is. If it's a really long trip requiring multiple pilots, that's a bigger undertaking and often very difficult to manage. The other thing that is affecting pilots now is the increased fuel prices. That's put a big dent in the amount of trips pilots can do.

If I have not answered your questions to your satisfaction, please give me a call at 803-279-8069.

Best,
Suzy

joanie68

Post by joanie68 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:11 pm

I have a german Shephard at a rescue in Georgia that I need to get to Indianaand I would like to know if there is any transportation comming this way or close to Indiana

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes

Post by suzy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 pm

There are two ways to approach this and I would try both. First, post you r needed departure and destination points with zip codes on the Ride Board. I'm attaching step-by-step instructions on how to post and e-mail pilots.

Then, also on the Ride Board, in the search box at the top, enter GA to IN and see if anything comes up that might be close to where the dog is and where the dog needs to go If you find something that might be close, you can post a message on that specific posting to see if your dog can hitch a ride.

Good luck,
Suzy
Attachments
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PNP POSTINGS.doc
(30.5 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

Suneebeech

Post by Suneebeech » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:43 am

Hi. My name is Jane and I adopted the 3 legged gsd pup that was transported by you guys back in April from Louisiana to NC.

We have a situation at Ft. Bragg (Fayetteville, NC) and we desperately need some assistance from PnP.
There is an active soldier stationed at Ft Bragg who owns a beautiful shepherd mix named Julliet. He is due to be deployed soon (he can't give out the date) and he has a friend in Pipestone, MN that is willing to take care of her for him.
His friend, Shellshock, has posted a request on the board for transportation but have only had 1 volunteer for part of the trip and they are running out of time.
Can you PLEASE offer some advice on how to get more bites for this trip? Would it help if we could get the media involved in some way?
I just don't know what else to do to put this soldier's mind at ease.

Thanks!
Jane Procacci
Garner, NC

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi Jane,
I'll reply to your questions on the thread started by Shellshock so it bumps his request to the forefront.

Joanne

mel28

Post by mel28 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Hello,

I am looking for help to get my brother's two dogs to Germany.. He is in the air force and they will be stationed there for the next four years. The dogs are pets not service dogs and are scheduled to fly with them on August 29 if it is less than 85degrees out... Since it has been way over 85 here in Chicago, it may not happen. We are looking for alternatives. I am hoping that you may have information on this. Any help would be appreciated.

MEL

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm

mel28 wrote:Hello,

I am looking for help to get my brother's two dogs to Germany.. He is in the air force and they will be stationed there for the next four years. The dogs are pets not service dogs and are scheduled to fly with them on August 29 if it is less than 85degrees out... Since it has been way over 85 here in Chicago, it may not happen. We are looking for alternatives. I am hoping that you may have information on this. Any help would be appreciated.

MEL
Mel,
Pilots N Paws does not deal with international transports. You should check into International Pet Transport companies. They will cost more, but they know the regulations & handle all the transfers, details etc.
There was a notice posted on the IPATA site that may be helpful to you also.
http://www.ipata.com/useruploads/files/ ... summer.pdf

Sorry I could not be of more help.
Joanne

mel28

Post by mel28 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Thank you so much ! It is a good place to start. Much appreciated!

recyclabullterrier

Post by recyclabullterrier » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Hello - I am totally new to this method of transport. Need help in figuring it out? Our rescue is for English Bull Terriers and is called Recycla-Bull Terrier Rescue - based in Columbia SC. We are trying to address a current influx of bull terriers to Miami-Dade Animal Shelter and need help with transport from Miami to Columbia (or somewhere close by). Can you help me learn how to post on this site and the info that needs to be posted? Thanks so much for your help - this rescue transport effort is awesome!!!

Ellen Frisch
Recycla-Bull Terrier Rescue
[email protected]