2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
marlin7117

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by marlin7117 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:43 am

My husband just got transported home to stuart fl via medical jet with end stage heart failure and we had to leave our beloved jack russell with our son in Charlotte NC ( fort Mill SC actually it is very close to Charlotte NC) i have posted a kindly request from Charlotte to Stuart or nearest airport ( pbi?)
I think I posted something to that effect but am not very computer savvy. I do not see it. Did I do it right or would this even be a possibility? Thank you so much for your time.

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by suzy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi Marlin 7117,
Yes, it's on the ride board, but you might want to change your title to: Avon, NC (zip) to Stuart, FL (zip). The way it's worded, it might be interpreted as a pilot offering to fly that route.

Something else that you will need to do is to send out e-mail messages to pilots along the route. Oftentimes, you will not get any responses by just posting the trip. I'm attaching a step-by-step instruction sheet on how to post and e-mail pilots and how to edit.

Good luck and let us know if you need any more help,
Suzy

marlin7117

Post by marlin7117 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 pm

thank you very much

c_staley

Post by c_staley » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Hello - I emailed the info box a little while ago, but I'm new here and am looking for some help. I am a volunteer at a Charleston, WV shelter, as well as a foster mom for Midatlantic GSP Rescue. Our shelter is very sad - overcrowded, high euth rates, high illness rates, etc. Unfortunately, our shelter is not very rescue friendly, and a group of volunteers and I are trying to change that. I'm wondering if you might have a pilot nearby who may agree to speak with our board of directors about the wonderful things that rescue can do.

Please let me know if you know of anyone.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:22 am

c_staley wrote:Hello - I emailed the info box a little while ago, but I'm new here and am looking for some help. I am a volunteer at a Charleston, WV shelter, as well as a foster mom for Midatlantic GSP Rescue. Our shelter is very sad - overcrowded, high euth rates, high illness rates, etc. Unfortunately, our shelter is not very rescue friendly, and a group of volunteers and I are trying to change that. I'm wondering if you might have a pilot nearby who may agree to speak with our board of directors about the wonderful things that rescue can do.
Please let me know if you know of anyone.
Thanks!
Hi there, your story is sadly repeated in so many areas. Thank you and your group for going forward and starting on the road to create change for the animals in your community. I do not know of a specific pilot in the Charleston, WV area but will do further checking. Can you please send me at email at [email protected] please with more information?

I am more then willing to work with you and issue a letter, phone call, etc.

Thanks
Debi

mcintierjody

Post by mcintierjody » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:35 am

how do you edit post

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:00 am

mcintierjody wrote:how do you edit post
1. log in
2. click on Edit on the upper right of your message
3. Make your changes
4. Scroll down and click submit

This should work and you also use this Edit option to mark your transport request DONE or CANCEL.

dolce

Post by dolce » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Im finding this very difficult. I need a ride for a 5lb little boy Brussels Griffon from Chicago to Tampa Florida

suzy
Zip Code: 29860

Post by suzy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Sorry you are finding this process so difficult. There is a LOT of information to cover. I'm attaching a step-by-step guideline for posting. Check the below attachment. Let us know if you need further help.
Best,
Suzy
Attachments
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PNP POSTINGS.doc
(32.5 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

dolce

Post by dolce » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:00 pm

I cant even open the attachment you sent me