2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
broncosfan

No Responses to my Post

Post by broncosfan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:24 am

Hi -

I have not received one response to my posting yet there have been over 30 viewings. Have I done something wrong or do I need to do something more in my post? I added a suggested route, but still have had no response. I'm thinking about adding that each volunteer pilot or overnight help will be entered into a drawing for a free quilt made by me, but I'm not sure if this is acceptable. I've looked for a long time for another dog and finally find one and can't get her to me. ARe the pilots avoiding me because I'm not a shelter? I just don't know what to do and hope you can help me. Thank you. Lynn BTW - I have proof of my brain injury if that is the hold back.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: No Responses to my Post

Post by deeogee1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:55 pm

broncosfan wrote:Hi -

I have not received one response to my posting yet there have been over 30 viewings. Have I done something wrong or do I need to do something more in my post? I added a suggested route, but still have had no response. I'm thinking about adding that each volunteer pilot or overnight help will be entered into a drawing for a free quilt made by me, but I'm not sure if this is acceptable. I've looked for a long time for another dog and finally find one and can't get her to me. ARe the pilots avoiding me because I'm not a shelter? I just don't know what to do and hope you can help me. Thank you. Lynn BTW - I have proof of my brain injury if that is the hold back.
Lynn,
I sympathize with your situation, but you need to understand that posting a request does not guarantee transport. There are numerous reasons why you have received no response. Some pilots can only carry small dogs, some may not be available right now. There are areas where we just don't have many pilots signed up.
I, myself, and others have had to find alternative transport after requesting help for pets going to a rescue~~(and have had 70 or more views with no offers). And yes, some pilots simply will not fly transport to an adopter who chooses a pet out of state.
I sent you several alternatives to check out~~have you looked into them yet?

Joanne

broncosfan

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by broncosfan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Thank you for your reply and your clarification of why I have not received any responses to my request. The one thing that puzzles me is that some pilots will not transport a dog from out of state. I wish I could find a Vizsla here in NC, but there are none and it forces me to look throughout the US for this Hungarian hunting dog. I have been around this breed since I was a child and long before the AKC recognized them. This is the only breed of dog I know. If I were looking for a Golden Retriever or a German Shepherd or other well-known breed, I would certainly be able to find one close to me. So you see there are legitimate reasons for someone to adopt a dog from out of their state. I am now working with Operation Roger as you suggested previously and I think I have a much better chance of getting Abbie from Dallas to me in NC.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Lynn,
It's not that they won't transport a dog from out of state, it's that they feel an adopter should use a commercial flight if flying the dog. It's a huge expense for our pilots to fly & they prefer to help rescues get dogs. I think it's great that you found a dog & wish you the best getting her home. And some pilots do help adopters, but it is usually because they are flying there already.
Was Abbie in a shelter, or is she from a breeder? That makes a difference to the pilots.

broncosfan

Post by broncosfan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Hello -

Abbie was rescued from a shelter in Bell County TX. She is now in a foster home and this rescue group prefers not to send her by commercial flight. She has been in her foster home about 2-3 weeks. Thank you for your help. Lynn

newenglandlabrescue

Post by newenglandlabrescue » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 am

HI,
I really need help. I have posted a flight request and have not done this before. I need 15 lab puppies of 8 weeks old to come from Rocky MT NC to Sanford ME, I have it filled from NJ to Sanford, ME, but don't know how to do the rest. How do I post pics of the puppies? Can someone call me? 207-615-3126 Thanks, Heather Labbe President/Founder New England Lab Rescue, Inc. 501c3 [email protected]

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes

Post by suzy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:49 am

Hi Heather,
Just go back to your post, click on "other mapping options" above the posting. Then click on pilots between your two destinations.Then look for pilots between NC and NJ. Click on each name and it will bring up their profile. You can send them individual emails from their profile. Copy and past the email to each pilot you choose. I would say that you have the trip covered from NJ to ME and need the other legs filled. Give them your email address and phone number.

You can attach a picture of the pups by clicking "edit" on your original post, then scroll down to the bottom and click on attachment. Be sure to click "submit" when you are finished.

Good luck,
Suzy
803-279-8069

newenglandlabrescue

Post by newenglandlabrescue » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:01 am

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! Heather

robertam
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 40502
Foster?: Yes

Post by robertam » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Heather:

In addition to Suzy's suggestions about the contents of the email you will send to pilots, I also like to include something like "If you are able to assist with this transport, could you please let me know which segment, or leg, you can fly?" In addition, if my time frame is flexible, I also include a request regarding which day or days are most convenient for the pilot. This way each pilot's schedule is known up front[so if the transport isn't filled for your preferred transport date, you already have availability dates to work from to set up a transport for another day].

Roberta
Roberta Harding
PNP Transport Advisor
Kentucky Animal Relief Fund, Inc.
Lexington, KY
e-mail: [email protected]
cell: 859-338-3470

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Do you know if a pup landing in MA to just be transferred onto another plane for another leg has to go through the MA quarrantine procedure? He is not going to reside in the state at all. The pilots are just switching off. Thanks Leslie