2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by deeogee1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 pm

WillowsChange wrote:I have posted a need for a ride for a blind cocker spaniel, Las Vegas to Reno for the week of 3/7. I don't know how it ended up in the Done section, and I don't see how to change it. Should I just repost? Thank you!
The Administrator moved your request back. But I see you reposted the request. Please go back in & delete your duplicate request.
If you posted the duplicate BEFORE the original was moved, that means it was caught by the person who moves the threads. We ask that only 1 thread be started per each transport request to keep the board from becoming too long & time-consuming for the pilots to browse through.
If it was moved by accident, I apologize for the error.

WillowsChange
Foster?: No

Post by WillowsChange » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Thank you. That's what I did.

cawish

Post by cawish » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi. My name is Carol, and I work with Max's Pet Connection in central FL. We recently pulled a mama and 6 pups for a rescue in Chatham, VA, and I have posted a request for transport. This is my first time posting a request, and I have found many answers to questions I had by navigating the site, reading other posts, etc. Now I have an offer from a pilot who can fly them to VA from a location either in SC or NC if I can get them there. Before replying to his post, I checked into help on coordinating a multi leg transport and thought that the mapping options might be of assistance to me in trying to find a way to get this family to either of those locations. However, when the google map comes up and I click on the blue icon by the volunteer names, I don't believe I am getting the infomation that is supposed to come up if I understood the directions correctly for using this option. It keeps telling me "error on page", so I'm pretty certain I am not seeing what I need to see. So, my question is, how do I go about finding other pilots or volunteers along the route that may be able to help get these babies to the offering pilot's location? I did read the posts concerning keeping the request as a one fight transport so as not to cause confusion with the transport coordination. Since other pilots/volunteers may or may not see the request, how do I go about requesting a first leg? Thank you so much for any information you can provide.

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes

Post by suzy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:18 am

Hi Carol,
What I do is pull up the mapping option for pilots (only) on your original posting. I don't do another posting. I send individual e-mails to the pilots who are based in the first-leg area, say FL to SC. Click on their profile and then on e-mail towards the bottom on the profile. In the e-mail, I tell them I have a pilot who can do the second leg, dates, etc. as much information as you know. Then copy and paste and send the same e-mail to more pilots along the first part of the route. I usually do 10-15, then if I have no response, I'll do another 10-15, etc. Most pilots won't respond, a few will tell you why they can't do it and then you'll have one and sometimes more who will respond that they can.

I hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have more.

Good luck,
Suzy

cawish

Post by cawish » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:00 am

Great help....thank you Suzy! Fortunately I have some time with this family...they are safe in boarding. I just want to get them on their way asap so they can get settled. Thank you so much for your help...I'm learning more and more about navigating around the site every day! :) Carol

suzy

Post by suzy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 am

And, welcome, Carol! We're glad to have you.
Suzy

cawish

Post by cawish » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:33 pm

I just found out today that we may have secured ground transport all the way to our dogs' final destination. If that should happen, when I close out my transport request, do I mark it as "done" or as "cancelled?" Also, should I email the pilot who offered a leg of the transport and let him know? Nothing was confirmed...he had just posted that he could transport them, and I thanked him for the offer and told him I would get back with him when I had the first leg coordinated. Thank you for your help. Carol

suzy

Post by suzy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Carol,
Mark it as canceled since the flight was actually not done. And I always go the extra mile for the pilots--to thank them for their willingness to help. I feel it's the least I can do. So, yes, please send him an e-mail.

Glad you have things worked out for the pups. :D
Suzy

cawish

Post by cawish » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:13 am

Thanks so much Suzy....I will do that as soon as I have final confirmation. :) Carol

adamnewf2002

Post by adamnewf2002 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am

Hi my name is Sue DeWitt and I have 2 pilots assisting in a transport...they would like crates for the dogs during the flight...one said to contact Deborah Boies to make arrangements for the crates...can anyone tell me how to contact Deborah and if this is the correct way to go about this. thank you. You can contact me at
[email protected] or 406-698-6667