PILOTS, YOU ARE INVITED! D.C. NAA and ACA AWARDS SEPT.13

Important bulletins and special events are listed here.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

PILOTS, YOU ARE INVITED! D.C. NAA and ACA AWARDS SEPT.13

Post by admin » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 am

Good Morning Everyone!

Once again Pilots N Paws is honored to be receiving a very prestigious award for our efforts in helping animals in need. It is the "Distinquished Volunteer" award presented by the National Aeronatics Assciation and Air Care Alliance. This is part of their Public Benefit Flying Award program.

Pilots are invited to attend the cermeony in Washington D.C. on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at the Capital Building. If you are in the area, or would like to fly in, please let me know immediately. We must reply regarding number of people attending by August. 15, 2012.

Here is the itinerary:

. The ceremony will begin at 4 pm on September 13, 2012 in the Lyndon B. Johnson Room of the U.S. Senate Building
There is no fee for admission.

· For U.S. Senate security purposes, I will need RSVPs from everyone who wishes to attend. You must submit your name to me exactly as it appears on your driver’s license or other official i.d. I must have a complete list of names by Friday, September 7.

·You may wish to contact your local representative on Senator’s office to arrange for a tour of the Senate building.

· You and your guests are invited to a celebratory dinner after the ceremony. The dinner will be held at the America restaurant at Union Station (walking distance from the Capitol Building). Please RSVP to me via return email by August 15, including the number of guests.

The closest hotel to the event is the Hyatt at the Capitol. Everyone is responsible for their own reservations. That being said, if several people plan on attending I will reach out to the hotel and see if they will extend a special rate to us.

Here is a little bit more about the award.

"Dear Ms. Boies,
It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been selected as the recipient of the 2012 “Distinguished Volunteer” award from the National Aeronautic Association and the Air Care Alliance as part of our Public Benefit Flying Awards Program. You were nominated by Patty Wagstaff.

The Public Benefit Flying Awards were created in 2003 to recognize significant contributions by people and organizations who voluntarily put their aviation skills, talents, and equipment to use to the benefit of our of Nation. They are the most important aviation awards of this nature in the United States.

The “Above and Beyond” Awards Ceremony will be held in the United States Capitol on Thursday, September 13th at 4:30 PM. We will have further details of the event to you in the coming weeks.

Congratulations, Debi, on this great honor."
Many thanks,
Jonathan
Jonathan Gaffney
President and CEO
National Aeronautic Association
“The Aero Club of the United States”
Hangar 7, Suite 202
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Washington, D.C. 20001
[email protected]
703.416.4888 ext 101
http://www.naa.aero

********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Without all the incredible people who volunteer with Pilots N Paws we would not be able to accomplish the good that we do for animals in need and work towards ending the problem of overcrowding. This award has my name on it, but it's not just for me, it is for ALL OF US! My deepest thanks to each of you for caring about our mission and jumping in to make a difference. There is talk and then there is action. I am proud to say our group is the action.

Please reply ASAP, we just received the information regarding the itinerary.

Debi

Link to the awards page: http://naa.aero/html/awards/index.cfm?cmsid=71
Attachments
GetAttachmentBrockflowersemail.jpg
My rescue dobe "Brock" who is the reason Pilots N Paws took flight!
GetAttachmentBrockflowersemail.jpg (65.56 KiB) Viewed 1500 times

dennismckim
Foster?: No

Re: PILOTS, YOU ARE INVITED! D.C. NAA and ACA AWARDS SEPT.13

Post by dennismckim » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:41 pm

"Congratulations, Debi, on this great honor."

Amen ... Please add my congratulations to those of Mr. Gaffney.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:38 pm

dennismckim wrote:"Congratulations, Debi, on this great honor."

Amen ... Please add my congratulations to those of Mr. Gaffney.
Thank you Dennis!

Debi

GaryS
Zip Code: 80134
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA

Post by GaryS » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 am

Certainly well deserved. Congratulations, Debi.
Gary S.
Daylight VFR Only

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 pm

GaryS wrote:Certainly well deserved. Congratulations, Debi.
Appreciate the congrats, thank yuo Gary.....