FYI March11 MISSING PILOT Joe Radford - Grand Canyon Village

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
Lostflights

Joe Radford Search

Post by Lostflights » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:39 am

Hello:

My name is Mike McComb and I am new to this forum. I am a commercial air tour pilot that works at Grand Canyon. In my spare time I research and locate historic aircraft accidents. On occasion I have been asked to help locate missing aircraft. I have been following the search for Mr. Radford since the beginning and as a pilot at the Canyon we have also been looking as well. Since the search was officially called off I have been preparing to conduct an independant search for Mr. Radford's missing aircraft. I would like to hear from anyone that might also be continuing to search and that can give me some insight on the disappearence of this pilot and aircraft.

Thank you,
Mike McComb
www.lostflights.com

GetMeTherePlease

Re: Joe Radford Search

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Lostflights wrote:Hello:

My name is Mike McComb and I am new to this forum. I am a commercial air tour pilot that works at Grand Canyon. In my spare time I research and locate historic aircraft accidents. On occasion I have been asked to help locate missing aircraft. I have been following the search for Mr. Radford since the beginning and as a pilot at the Canyon we have also been looking as well. Since the search was officially called off I have been preparing to conduct an independant search for Mr. Radford's missing aircraft. I would like to hear from anyone that might also be continuing to search and that can give me some insight on the disappearence of this pilot and aircraft.

Thank you,
Mike McComb
http://www.lostflights.com
Hi Mike

My prayers are with you that you are able to locate Mr Radford such a horrible loss to the Animal Rescue Community and his friends and family. I'll go through my old emails I remember having chatted with one of his friends that had been searching independently not sure if he was on this forum or not, but hopefully I can pull up his emails. if I can I will forward to you.

Cheryl
Roads of Hope

Lostflights

Re: FYI March11 MISSING PILOT Joe Radford - Grand Canyon Vil

Post by Lostflights » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Thank you Cheryl that would be very helpful. The more people involved with the search the better. This search will defintely require a group effort to be succesful.

Mike

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Lostflights wrote:Thank you Cheryl that would be very helpful. The more people involved with the search the better. This search will defintely require a group effort to be succesful.

Mike
Mike,
A sincere thanks for your continued efforts to find Joe. I do not have any additional information to share with you about others who are looking. Initially, we had been told of some hikers who believed they heard Joe's plane overhead but that was never confirmed, at least to my knowledge. Hopefully Cheryl has some information to give you.

Please let us know if you have any news. It would be comforting to be able to have closure.

Debi

Lostflights

Post by Lostflights » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Yes, there were some hikers that the Park Service interviewed that heard or saw a plane flying over the canyon at about the same time that Joe Radford's plane was being tracked on radar. The radar track ends at about mid point in the canyon. So he either was too low or the transponder in the plane was turned off. Two days after Radford's plane disapeared, another plane heard an emergency beacon as he flew over the canyon, but no one was able to hear or pinpoint the signal when they flew out to the same location to check it out. Thats about all that is known to the public.

Mike

GetMeTherePlease

Re: Joe Radford Search

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Lostflights wrote:Hello:

Thank you,
Mike McComb
http://www.lostflights.com
Hi Mike
Sorry for my late response I had to evacuate from my home due to wildfires here in Texas once back in my home after a few days I started helping out with the displaced families and forgot to send you a reply that I was unable to located the email conversations I had with Joe's friend.

I remember though that the email had come from this posting and thought the friend had mentioned that he had seen Joe that morning so possibly you may be able to make contact with his family and find out whom that may have been. I am so sorry I went through my gmail account several different ways to find the email and just wasn't able to pull it up. If I happen upon it I will send it, but don't think I will be able to locate it

Cheryl

amyandmacy2

Post by amyandmacy2 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Was Joe ever found? :-(

Lostflights

Post by Lostflights » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:52 pm

No. But we are still looking.

amyandmacy2

Post by amyandmacy2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:46 am

That is so, so sad.

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Christmas at Rainbow Bridge

(by Terri Onorato)

As the midnight hour approaches on Christmas Eve, a tremendous celebration begins. If you listen closely you will hear the exuberant sound of Bridgekids preparing for the remarkable moment that comes but once a year. Puppies romp through the tall green grass, chasing butterflies and rolling over and over until fits of giggles bring them to a tumbling stop. The volume increases as kittens, cats, tigers and lions purr in pure delight while the wings of snow white doves gently caress the air. The babbling brook that runs beneath Rainbow Bridge overflows onto the edge of mossy banks and fins of treasured aquatic life quiver in anticipation of this most joyous event.

Nestled in the midst of this happy choir of Bridgekids are the littlest angel tots staring in awe at the majestic Christmas tree adorned with flowing strands of angel hair. Effervescent, twinkling stars seesaw elegantly from the sky and land in glorious harmony upon the stoic limbs of Heaven's most perfect Christmas tree. Swaying to and fro in nearby rocking chairs are grandmothers, grandfathers, parents, aunts, uncles and loved ones. The sound of their whispered lullabies permeate the air as they sing to tiny angel babies resting quietly in their arms.

Like magic the clock approaches midnight and a great stirring is heard in the distance. Each Bridgekid stops and listens, knowing the time is near, and they choose a fleecy cloud on which to snuggle. The roar of purrs drops to barely an audible hum, the babbling brook ripples hypnotically and the flutter of downy feathered wings fall silent. Heaven's spirited toddlers climb expectantly upon the laps of angels while babies coo in tranquil unison.

Amidst the warm glow of candle light which rises from the earth below, the arms of the Bridge Keeper envelop the heavens and into the precious hands of each child and in front of each animal a holy gift is placed. With grand exuberance the ribbons are removed and left to fly on a tender breeze where they dissolve into showers of angel dust. As the golden lids of these heavenly gifts are raised, an amazing aura fills the sky, reaching down to the very core of the earth. Ascending from each and every box is the greatest gift of all…unending, unconditional, all-encompassing love. This blessed love gently wraps itself around the cherished souls of heaven, warming their hearts with beacons of radiant light and bringing forth from angels an exquisite chorus. As the clock strikes midnight the distance between heaven and earth is vanished. It is at this very moment on Christmas Eve that the Bridge Keeper, His children, angels and Bridgekids send a message to their earthly loved ones on the wings of this unbridled love.

Listening carefully with an open heart we will hear the familiar voice of our own angel whisper softly into our ear their Christmas message..."Let me share with you this love of mine, always and forever. When you need me know that I am here. I have not left you for I am in your heart where I belong. Our love is eternal as is the brilliant glow of candlelight which illuminates the path to the heavens and Rainbow Bridge. I wait patiently as do you for our inevitable and glorious reunion. I love you, I love you, I love you."

Merry Christmas Joe (sorry this is late)
wherever you are I am sure that there are spirits of fur kids with you. I pray for your return to your family someday and I pray that your family was able to get through this first Christmas without you I can imagine it was a hard one for them.

Cheryl
Roads of Hope