New here, Need Help

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
AnjnDave

New here, Need Help

Post by AnjnDave » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Hello, my name is Dave and I am a new member and I am needing some help. My mother is getting older and her health is not the best. She has a toy poodle named Duke that she can no longer take care of. We have found him a new owner, but the problem is that we live in Joplin, Mo, 64801 and the new owner ( Mary Lou) lives in Mountain View, Ca, 94040. What i am needing to know is: Is this the right place for me to ask for help in getting Duke transported? I have been reading your guidelines and understand that this is a much farther distance than most pilots go, I do not want to disrespect anyone, this is why i am asking for some assitance. Also Mary has told me that she could go to Reno, Nv, 89501 if needed. Duke is capable of riding in a vehicle if needed as well.

Thanks for all you do!
Dave

traunero
Zip Code: 44883
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 16G
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: New here, Need Help

Post by traunero » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Post your request in the Animals Needing Transport forum. Your request is not impossible, but it will take several pilots and some coordination.

It can be done. I was the last pilot on a mission that started in California and ended in Ohio, after several days and several pilots.

Good luck.
Rich Traunero
419-937-3899