My First Transport

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
Koopper
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

My First Transport

Post by Koopper » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:19 pm

I am a pilot who recently signed on with Pilots N Paws and flew my first transport mission yesterday. My friend (also a pilot) and I flew an adorable little Cairn terrier named Maddie from near Lexington, Ky to just south of Birmingham. We were originally slated to fly the first half of a multi leg trip, but due to low IFR conditions all over the south east, the pilot of the first leg couldn't go. I felt so strongly that we had to get Maddie to her foster, so Ramona and I flew the entire trip - about 600 NM in all. We loved every minute of the trip. Even the 3 hours battling strong headwinds. I can't WAIT to do it again. Such wonderful people in the rescue world.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: My First Transport

Post by admin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Koopper wrote:I am a pilot who recently signed on with Pilots N Paws and flew my first transport mission yesterday. My friend (also a pilot) and I flew an adorable little Cairn terrier named Maddie from near Lexington, Ky to just south of Birmingham. We were originally slated to fly the first half of a multi leg trip, but due to low IFR conditions all over the south east, the pilot of the first leg couldn't go. I felt so strongly that we had to get Maddie to her foster, so Ramona and I flew the entire trip - about 600 NM in all. We loved every minute of the trip. Even the 3 hours battling strong headwinds. I can't WAIT to do it again. Such wonderful people in the rescue world.
A BIG THANK YOU for flying Maddie and for volunteering for these missions. If you have not yet sent your story about Maddie's flight, along with pictures, to [email protected] please do so. We love to share your experience with others!

Admin