Transporting owned pets?

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
sherm

Transporting owned pets?

Post by sherm » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:31 am

I am wondering if you will transport animals who have humans. A few years ago I wanted to send my son's dog from NY to where he moved to in Washington state. After researching the possibilities, we decided it wasn't worth the trauma to transport our dog, so he will live out the rest of his natural life with me. I also have a friend who drove 5 dogs from NY to Arizona and it was very traumatic for all! My question therefore is, will you transport our canine family members? This could supplement your income and reduce costs if the flight is shared. Thanks!

Jon

Re: Transporting owned pets?

Post by Jon » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:29 am

sherm,

Pilotsnpaws is strictly a voluntary effort, and all it is (to oversimplify) is an on line site where pilots volunteering to do animal rescue flights can learn of the need by reading posts from animal rescues, and to fill the need.

PNP doesn't schedule or control the pilots. Having said that you may find a pilot willing to do a transport for an owned family pet, but the intent of this bulletin board is primarily to save the lives of animals at risk by transporting them to places where they may find permanent homes or get needed medical care.