LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

Guidelines and tips from Pilots N Paws members to help with rescue transports.
staylor4
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Re: RESCUES, Have you looked for Pilots on the Board?

Post by staylor4 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:40 am

Quick note on the M. Wallace comment above. As a pilot I have been contacted directly and have asked to have the request also posted on the web site. Then I respond to the post, then print it for tax records.
Sam Taylor

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

Post by admin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 am

meginSD wrote:I'm having trouble using this link. I get an error message from "Google maps" saying it cannot open the map because it is not a proper "KML" (or whatever) file.
Can someone please help? Perhaps it is a problem with Google maps, but that seems to be the default program.
Thanks,
Meg in SD
Meg, not sure why you are having this problem, perhaps a temp glitch on your end or if you are searching the database for a long transport, it takes google maps awhile to load. To narrow the load time, if you are searching for pilots only, not rescue volunteers, be sure to choose the pilots only option.

If I were you, after posting your request for transport help on the Animals Needing a Ride board (ALWAYS DO THIS FIRST BEFORE CONTACTING ANY PILOTS PRIVATELY) just click on the mapping options link under your subject line. The map list for the pilots along your route only will come up. If you choose to group email, PLEASE BLIND COPY.

Thanks and if you have any further questions, we have a section on the Board Index for rescues to ask and seek for answers. Three outstanding rescue volunteers monitor that forum and are excellent at steering you in the right direction.

Debi