1st Leg-Air or Ground Transport Needed for German Shepherd

This forum is for transport requests that were posted on the Ride Board and have been completed. Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked "DONE".

1st Leg-Air or Ground Transport Needed for German Shepherd

Postby Zapped15 on Tue May 14, 2013 4:37 am

Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: German shepherd, 44 pounds, 2 years old
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: Up-to-date
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Spayed
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Lewis-Upsher County Control Facility
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Approved Adopter, Lisa Hall
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Lisa Hall, 256-479-9980, lisahall925@yahoo.com
Are you a 501c3: No
Additional Info/situation: Misty was in a high-kill shelter, with her status listed as Urgent when I saw her photo posted on Facebook. I knew immediately that I wanted to adopt her! I have completed the adoption process and arranged for her spaying and vetting in Buckhannon, WV, where she remains in the shelter awaiting transport. I live in Huntsville, AL, so the total flight mileage will be just over 400 miles and will require two pilots. I have found a PNP pilot to fly the first leg from the Kingsport/Knoxville/Blountville, TN area to Huntsville, AL. I'm looking for a pilot to fly Misty from Buckhannon, WV to Kingsport, TN area. Thank you for any help you can provide!
Last edited by Zapped15 on Tue May 21, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zapped15

Re: 1st Leg-Air or Ground Transport Needed for German Shephe

Postby WVAviator on Sat May 18, 2013 11:17 pm

For the record:

I will be flying the first leg of this trip from W22 - KLOZ. I will be accompanied by my friend Thomas Brown who will be flying with me and helping to care for Misty during the flight. I will leave my home base airport KCKB around 8:30am, arriving at W22 at about 8:45am - 9:00am. Once we get Misty loaded into the aircraft we will depart for KLOZ around 9:15am-9:30am, most likely filing IFR regardless of weather. Not considering the winds, we should be arriving around 11:00am eastern time. Todd, the pilot for the next leg, will be picking up Misty around noon eastern time.

My phone number is 304-521-7496 if anyone needs to get in touch with me. I will contact all parties involved the night before if weather appears to be an issue (excessive thunderstorms, etc.). Otherwise, I will contact everyone before departing my home base at 8:30am.

Let me know if I need to provide any more specifics for the flight.
WVAviator

Re: 1st Leg-Air or Ground Transport Needed for German Shephe

Postby Zapped15 on Sun May 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks so much! It looks like all systems are go! If you need to contact me, my cell phone # is 256-479-9980.

Many thanks,
Lisa Hall
Zapped15

Return to "DONE" Transports Complete