Xander needs a lift home! Tucson, AZ 85705-Denver, CO 80112

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
DRNM

Re: Xander needs a lift home! Tucson, AZ 85705-Denver, CO 80

Post by DRNM » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm still waiting to hear about Flagstaff but could pick up in Pueblo or Colo Springs, too!

wjeffc9

Post by wjeffc9 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Ok I'm a little confused. So there are two pups. The original post was for the Do ie. so there is one Dobie in safford and one German Shepard in flagstaff. Both need to get to any airport in Colorado. Correct?

Unfortunately I can't take both. I'll have my wife with me and the pup will be in the back seat. So they also need to friendly as a cage won't fit in the plane.

I believe I can get one this Saturday. I own the plane but it is being rented Saturday so ive got to be back to scottsdale at noon so I've got a bit of a time crunch but it's doable.

RAPILK

Post by RAPILK » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:03 pm

You are correct, there is a Doberman in Tucson and they are waiting to hear from a pilot in Safford, AZ. and I have a German Shepherd, she is super friendly, loves people!and she is currently in Flagstaff. The Doberman was in the original post, that dog has priority over mine in Flagstaff. if your offer does not work for the dog in Tucson, and you still want to fly to Colorado somewhere, I can start my drive Thurs evening and get to say the Colorado Springs area and then continue Friday to pick up the dog in Durango, that would get you back to PHX by Saturday.
Ranae

wjeffc9

Post by wjeffc9 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:22 pm

ok, got you! now I'm clear.

So if the dobie has a pilot in safford, why don't we plan for me to fly your German Sheppard in Flagstaff? I think I could pick her up Saturday morning in Flagstaff. Let me look at Alamosa vs. Durango for dropping her off. Normally I'd just come to Alamosa or Co Springs, but having to get the plane back is my one problem!

So would pick up in Flag Saturday about 8:30 am with drop off in Durango about 11:00 (I think Co is one hour later than Arizona) Saturday morning work?

RAPILK

Post by RAPILK » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:52 pm

That would be AWESOME!! I would do whatever is most convenient for you!

DRNM

Post by DRNM » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:56 pm

Alrighty, Flagstaff won't work for the Dobe but he is friendly and would be fine in the backseat with the GS if Tucson works!
Thank you!

RAPILK

Post by RAPILK » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Is the Doie going from Tucson to DEN? is there room for the German Shepherd? What day are they considering? I could get her down to Tucson! Thank You!!

DRNM

Post by DRNM » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:40 pm

That is ideal for me and we'd love this to happen on Friday r Saturday but are somewhat flexible!

RAPILK

Post by RAPILK » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Either works, my sister in law can get the dog to tucson for departure on either day, let me know what time to be in Tucson and where and what time to be in Denver for pickup and where.........Thanks so much your group is truly amazing!! I will plan to become more involved and help in any way I can, whether it be to transfer an animal or help arrange a flight, or foster in some way. Like I said I am in Grand Island, NE and I understand you have a pilot here that helps also. As soon as I can get in touch with him I will let him know I want to help...........THANKS!!

wjeffc9

Post by wjeffc9 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Ok I can pick up in Tucson Saturday. I'd suggest Marana Airport to the north of Tucson. Unfortunately I can't go all the way to Denver. I can go to Durango. Will that work?

I'm a little uncomfortable with two large pups since I don't know them but we can give it a try if they are both have good dispositions.

Let me know if Durango will work for both of them. I'm glad to help get these two where they need to go!