Ayden desperately needs transport assitance.

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
FDR, Inc.

Ayden desperately needs transport assitance.

Post by FDR, Inc. » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:53 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Doberman Pinscher, 10 months, 45 lbs.
Health condition: Healthy
Heartworm status: Negative
Vaccinations: Up to date, traveling with Rabies certificate
Health certificate: Yes
Spayed/neutered: No, will be spayed once he reaches our rescue in Pennsylvania, after traveling from AZ to PA.
Special needs: No
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Suzi Kutzman (610-392-4346), Receiving rescue - Fureverhomes Doberman Rescue, Inc.
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Su Meikle (520-327-2066), Foster home in AZ (she pulled him from the urgent list in the Graham County Animal Shelter, in Safford, AZ on our behalf.
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Peter Perlman (720-289-3401), Receiving Foster
Are you a 501c3: Nonprofit, 501(c)3 pending
Date ready for transport: April 1st, 2014
Additional info/situation: He was an owner surrender to a high kill shelter who only holds six dogs, they have no Facebook page or website to notify the public these dogs are even there, I stumbled on them purely by accident while working on another Doberman case in AZ for an online cross-posting group I volunteer for. All the rescues in AZ were at capacity so we stepped up to help. His owner had stated he was very good with children, lived in the home with their 2 year old daughter, loves kids, and played with neighborhood dogs so he's also said to be good with other dogs, his wife is pregnant again and they had no time for a puppy. We are having a trainer evaluate him later today to verify he is dog friendly as soon as he arrives at the first foster home, his Rabies vaccine will be updated as well. We have a foster arranged, the receiving rescue, who will be fostering Ayden for a week until a long haul trucker, we've also arranged, will pick him up and drive him from Denver, CO to Columbia, NJ, where I will personally be meeting to pick him up and bring him to our rescue. We knew we couldn't do this on our own, over 2,000 miles, and 9 states.
Last edited by FDR, Inc. on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jekapp
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Ayden desperately needs transport assitance.

Post by jekapp » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:04 pm

i can get him from ryan airfield to phoenix or if you get him to phoenix i can get him to flagstaff on saturday

FDR, Inc.

Post by FDR, Inc. » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Sorry, he has a foster in Tucson, the next foster is in Denver, CO, we have to hope we find that scenario, but thank you for your offer.

wjeffc9

Post by wjeffc9 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Jekapp, if you can get him from Ryan to KSDL I can get him to Colorado.

FDR - I can then try to get him from Scottsdale as far as Alamosa, CO.

MCraven210

Post by MCraven210 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 pm

I can get him from Alamosa, CO (ALS) to the Denver area. On Saturday weather permitting.

Mike

wjeffc9

Post by wjeffc9 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:33 pm

Ok great. Looks like we have it covered. Im happy to do it. My plane went in for its 100 hr today but should be done by end of week.

FDR, Inc.

Post by FDR, Inc. » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Thank you everyone!! I will contact the receiving foster and verify that she can accept him on Saturday, I truly didn't expect this to come together so quickly ;). Also will contact the current foster to make certain she can accommodate the delivery to the first location. This is amazing how this works. I'm sorry for the late response, I spent 7 hours today at the hospital, the ambulance took my father to the emergency, but I will keep up on the forum from my cellphone now that I know we are in process and get you all quick answers. Thanks again for everyone's assistance :). Suzi

FDR, Inc.

Post by FDR, Inc. » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Waiting on confirmations yet from the fosters, but I see no problem with Ryan's Airfield, the foster is only 10 miles from there in Tucson. Just need times frames if anyone can supply that, it would be helpful for the receiving foster to plan his pickup at the airport, thank you all again :).

wjeffc9

Post by wjeffc9 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi everyone, I should know later today or early tmrw about my plane being out of maintenance. I'll let you all know as soon as I know. I don't expect any problems from my end. The earlier satirday the better for me.

wjeffc9

Post by wjeffc9 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Btw does she require crating?