Therapy Dog for youth with disabilities - ride needed

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
freelanceterry

Re: Therapy Dog for youth with disabilities - ride needed

Post by freelanceterry » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Maybe this question is for a different section...but those with experience using multiple people/flights/transfers/etc, how is that facilitated at say...the airport? Do the pilots help take the dog off their plane and to the next? Is a 3rd party preferred for this that I'd also need to line up? Can humans also fly with to be the dog's...attendant? I'm brand new to this - but the response has been great! Thanks again everyone!

falconclaw
Zip Code: 53562
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: Kmsn
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by falconclaw » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:42 pm

And if somebody can get the pup to C29 in the Madison WI area I can get him to KSUW for Adam's leg.

Still need his weight and crate dimensions before I can commit.

Dave
Dave Tan
SIAI-Marchetti SF.260C
N25ME IFR

JohnC
Zip Code: 42086
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KPAH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by JohnC » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi all,

I might be able to help on this but need more info.
When are you hoping to do the transport?
How big is the dog? Looking at the vid (very cool btw!), he's pretty good size. Will need crate dimensions. I have a 30"L x 21"H x 21"W soft crate but not sure he would fit comfortably. Can he ride tethered on back seat?
I'm kind of in no-mans land for the leg around Lake Michigan. I'll effectively waste some distance I could go further East having fairly short run from home base in Huntley, IL to Madison of 75mi x2. So, my leg could be South Bend to Madison for handoff to Dave. About the best I can offer and stay on some kind of budget.
Just a FYI, I have a couple other flights in various stages of planning but nothing confirmed.
Also weather permitting as I'm lowly VFR rated. :mrgreen:

John
--John-- *VFR* :plane:
KPAH
West Paducah, KY

JohnC
Zip Code: 42086
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KPAH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by JohnC » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:36 pm

freelanceterry wrote:Maybe this question is for a different section...but those with experience using multiple people/flights/transfers/etc, how is that facilitated at say...the airport? Do the pilots help take the dog off their plane and to the next? Is a 3rd party preferred for this that I'd also need to line up? Can humans also fly with to be the dog's...attendant? I'm brand new to this - but the response has been great! Thanks again everyone!
Terry,

Yes, the pilots will transfer the animals from plane to plane. Usually take them for a quick walk and leg stretch and "business" stop if possible.
An "attendant" could fly along but would likely complicate the logistics. Each plane involved would have to have the space and capability of carrying the person, and person would have to get back home from the destination; airline, bus, train etc.
But it is possible.

John
--John-- *VFR* :plane:
KPAH
West Paducah, KY

freelanceterry

Post by freelanceterry » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks again everyone for your help. I'll be in touch with those who've reached out to us and Hutch.

freelanceterry

Post by freelanceterry » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 am

I have a request in with Pat at TDU to get measurements of Hutch's crate and total weight with him in it. Guessing I should hear back from her today.

freelanceterry

Post by freelanceterry » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:03 am

Hello everyone!

We've found a ride for Hutch!

Thank you everyone who has offered to help. I'll try and contact each person who has contacted me - but if I miss someone, I thought that posting here again might help communicate that.

Thanks again!