catahoula pup needs ride from Lafayette LA to Monroe

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ilovecatahoulas

catahoula pup needs ride from Lafayette LA to Monroe

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: catahoula leopard dog mix, 18 pounds, 6 months
Health condition: good
Heartworm status: negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: yes
Spayed/neutered: yes
Special needs: no
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): Blackjack Animal Rescue, http://www.bjackrescue.net
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Sharon Bryant, 423-340-2138
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Martinsville LA Animal Shelter, Ashley, 337-394-1220
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Cherry Prather 601-540-7462
Are you a 501c3: yes
Date ready for transport: 4/25/14
Additional info/situation: this pup needs to fly to Monroe LA to catch a ground transport with Cherry Prather to get to Madison Mississippi! OR if he can be flow to Madison MS to catch up with pilot Jeff in Madison so he can be flown to Covington TN and then on to Nashville TN for final destination!!!!!!!!!!! :D :plane: :pin: :lol: 8-) :P
Last edited by ilovecatahoulas on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wamsden

Re: atahoula pup needs ride from Lafayette LA to Monroe

Post by wamsden » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:26 pm

when are you trying to make this transfer... I might be able to help.
Bill Amsden
318-715-6993

ilovecatahoulas

Re: catahoula pup needs ride from Lafayette LA to Monroe

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Bill,

I am trying to get this done Saturday if it is OK for the pup to overnight with pilot Jeff. Or early Sunday! 26th or 27th of April.

I will call you!

Sharon :)

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Bill, we originally planned this for early Sunday am, here are the directions from Jeff:

That's great Sharon, Thanks. Can you have the driver meet me at the Madison airport (KMBO)? The address is: 7450 Old Canton Rd, Madison, MS 39110. I can be ready to go as early as they would be able to meet me there making the trip from Lafayette. We'll need to coordinate times with Jim and the others as well but I'd go ahead and have them plan to leave as early as able.......

here is the info on Bitsy at St. Martin's Parish:

He weighs no more than 20 pounds.

Bitsy is an 6 to 8 month old Catahoula mix pup, neutered has his rabies vaccination and tag, is hw negative, friendly with other dogs and loves people.

Bitsy will have a collar or harness and leash, we will also be providing some dog food for his stay over at the pilots house. (if he needs to stay over).

Bitsy’ s health certificate and records are done and he is ready to go, he will not be a problem being picked up or even held J

Bitsy will have the location and phone number of the person he is to be going to and our number in case anything happens along the way (you can never be too careful) around his neck or attached to harness.

Shelter number: 337-394-1220

Martinsville Louisiana :plane:

jefferson1
Zip Code: 39232
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KHKS
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by jefferson1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:46 am

Hi everyone,

I'm good with either a Saturday, late afternoon (I work until 2:00 pm) or Sunday morning delivery to Madison, MS KMBO. You can email, text or call me to firm this up. The trip to Covington, TN to meet Jim should take about 1:45 for planning purposes.

Jeff Wall
601-594-4141
C182
N735FC
Jeff Wall
Instrument rated
Piper Meridian N49BT
KHKS Jackson, MS

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 am

Bill,

Here is a message from the leg two pilot Jeff:

Hi everyone,
I'd prefer to do the whole trip on Sunday if that is possible. However, I should be able to foster Bitsy for one night if a Saturday trip up to KMBO is best for Bill on the originating leg.
If we do it all Sunday I'd say an early start is best but again I'm flexible. Bill, could you depart Lafayette in time to arrive in Madison by 10:00 am? If so I should be able to be in Covington, TN by noon or very shortly after to meet Jim. This should make it pretty easy to have the final leg done by mid afternoon. Y'all let me know what you think on this please.

From Sharon:
:plane:
Please let us know if you need the shelter to bring Bitsy to the New IBeria or Lafayette airport.

Thanks,

Sharon

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:38 am

This transport is set for Sunday April 27th, early am from shelter to first airport/pilot.

2nd leg, Madison MS to Covington TN

Covington TN to Nashville TN and Bitsy will be home! :D :) :plane: 8-) :plane: :lol: :plane: :P :plane:

wamsden

Post by wamsden » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:47 pm

I talked to Debra who will be getting Bitsy from the shelter.. Shelter does not open until 8 am. i will be at New Iberia regional airport at 8:15 (approx. 1 hr from my home base of Pollock La L66 to New Iberia). I will depart as soon as I get the dog. Estimated flight from New Iberia will be 1hr 25 min. I expect to be in madison close to or just after 10 am.

Pelican Aviation
1314 Hanger Dr.
New Iberia
337-367-1401

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 am

Bill,

What is your email address, I know you are flying today!

Sharon :D

wamsden

Post by wamsden » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:36 pm

In case it did not go thru
Bill Amsden
[email protected]
318-715-6993
Sundowner 9783L