Special Thank You from Annie!, home in CT!

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
pattidw

Special Thank You from Annie!, home in CT!

Post by pattidw » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:11 am

On September 21, I welcomed in to our family a very mistreated heartworm positive, little cattle/aussie mix female dog. She was due to be euthanized on August 13, in San Antonio Texas. I worked to adopt Annie which was easy, transport not so much. No road transport would take a HW+ dog, and especially one that was underweight. I turned to Pilot and Paws, I needed help desperately. Very soon I would find out what a wonderful group of pilots I was working with.
Although the transport changed many times due to plane availability and weather concerns, these pilots all worked magic to bring Annie from San Antonio Texas to close to CT. Brian Slaga who was unable to fly picked Annie up at the vets on September 12 and brought her to his home for her first night on her travel towards her new home. He then met my Houston pilot Wade Roberts, the next day,who then kept Annie that night to fly out on Saturday. Weather was not cooperating and rather than place Annie in a kennel until the next available fly date, Wade ended up keeping Annie in his home in Texas for a total of 5 nights. On Wednesday September 18th, Wade was able to leave Houston and meet up with Bruce Ellard in Grenada Mississippi. From there Bruce flew into Murfreesboro, Tennessee where to met up with Nancy McEntee who flew Annie to her home near Knoxville, TN. Nancy then kept Annie for 2 nights and on Friday, Nancy traveled to Sevierille, TN where she met up with Larry Stahl, (out of Frederick, Md) who flew Annie into Reading, PA where I drove from CT to pick Annie up. Annie and I arrived home that Friday around 9 pm where she started her new life. So many people were involved in helping this poor little one get home and I just want to thank you all for what you have done for her. Words could never express the gratitude in my heart to you all for all you have done for me and all you do for others. Much love to each and every one of you and for The Pilots N Paws organization for helping animals in need. God Bless!