"A Very Special Story"

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

"A Very Special Story"

Post by admin » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Very Special Story..........
Posted: Sun May 25th, 2008 09:14 pm

Some of you may remember Jackie Patterson. She was a wonderful person and dedicated rescue transport driver. She would drive at a moments notice and drive hundreds of miles for cats and dogs of all shapes and sizes. She passed away recently and this is her big baby that is going back to a rescue that is honoring Their commitment to the animals and Jackie's memory by caring for Carmen.

Our wonderful PNP pilot Jan delivered this beautiful and treasured girl to her new home last week.....Jackie would be so very pleased.....Thank you Jan!!

A bit about how Carmen got to the boards for her need:

I learned of Jackie Patterson's existence last October during my first animal transport experience. Jackie was driving 2 hours Saturday night and again 2 hours sunday morning to get my puppy closer to me. Jackie did this for various rescues every weekend and many weekdays also, with little regard to her own needs. She was a retired nurse and transporting rescue dogs (and cats) came only second to her own personal rescue dogs at home. Jackie was the person that you could count on for any transport in the state of IL and even up into MI and other states. She would drop everything and scrape those last dollars into her gas tank and drive an animal as far as she could to safety. She would drive late nights, early mornings and at the very last minute. She would drive a hundred miles or 600 miles for just one animal in need and at the drop of a hat she would be out the door to help.

Jackie passed away due to complications of diabetes and other health problems. She had just driven a transport that day and passed that night/ early the next day. She was in her 50's, i believe.

Jackie cared about the rescues more than many people i have met in the rescue community. She also cared about her human family in rescue. Each phone call became a chat instead of just asking for her help. with each one she was cheerful, supportive and caring. She gave her all and she will truly be missed. Getting her Carmen (the newfie) back to the rescue that she was adopted from was a wonderful way to honor Jackie and her efforts to transport rescues.

Thank you.
"Krystal McClain