FLASH!! NBC NIGHTLY NEWS--PNP FEATURE TONIGHT JAN.2,2009!!

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

FLASH!! NBC NIGHTLY NEWS--PNP FEATURE TONIGHT JAN.2,2009!!

Post by admin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi all,

Last month we were contacted by a producer with NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS. They were interested in taping a segment for their show. Of course we were more then willing to do whatever they needed us to do!

It was important to look at weather considerations and Jon found a transport request on the PNP board that was going from Greenville, SC to close to Savannah, GA. Two beautiful border collies/mix pulled from the Greenville SC Animal Shelter. Dan Shepherd, the producer/reporter did the filming at the sending end and Rehema Ellis , a well known reporter with NBC, worked with an NBC film crew from Atlanta on the receiving end.

Please tune in to watch tonight,Jan.2, 2009 6:30 eastern time. NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. It will be the last segment of the newscast under "Making a Difference". WOOHOO, this is national coverage and we are so grateful that others are finding out that what we do truly is making a difference. thank you all for being a part of Pilots N Paws!!

Debi (oops, forgot to add that there is always a chance that we will be bumped but so far so good!)

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: FLASH!! NBC NIGHTLY NEWS--PNP FEATURE TONIGHT JAN.2,2009!!

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Good job, Jon and Debi! We'll look forward to seeing you in the big time.

-- DJK

Krista & Chris Allan

Post by Krista & Chris Allan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Great job you guys - what an awesome editorial on PNP and it will be sure to get the word out! I DVR'd it so I can show Chris when he gets back from his 8 day tour since he's overnighting tonight in Reno, NV and we didn't know what time it would be on there...

So proud - thumbs up! :D

faithrnnr

Post by faithrnnr » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:13 pm

How can I get information about the black border collie? Has anyone adopted it yet? Your story on the nightly news with Brian Williams was so sweet. Thanks for what you're doing.

4Tom

Post by 4Tom » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Tasha says you are still her hero! Congratulations on getting the word out, and many thanks from the Border Collie Rescue Board!

Virginia

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Great story and all those beautiful dogs that were shown. That should get people to realize, shelter dogs are GREAT dogs. I e-mailed Debi and had to laugh. When they were scrolling down, showing the request on the PNP board, I saw "MuttsMom"..... LOL It would be hard not to see my name, as much as I post requests.

Great job, SKY ANGELS!!!!!

ohiopuppyrescue

Post by ohiopuppyrescue » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:29 pm

I just happened to catch the broadcast and was as excited as can be. Way to go PNP!!!! I'm hoping that with this exposure pilots will go from 100 to 1000 and we can safely and quickly move our rescues to their foster or forever homes. Good job to all! :D :P

sreyes

Post by sreyes » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:35 pm

I just caught the broadcast on Nightly News...Congratulations on your wonderful work!
Thank you and God bless you all!!

AgilityDog

Post by AgilityDog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:40 pm

I saw the piece on the Nightly News. What a wonderful idea! We have a pilot and a plane so we will be signing up to see how we can help! Thanks for all you do!

Krista & Chris Allan

Post by Krista & Chris Allan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:01 pm

For those who didn't see it - here's the link to the video:

Pilots airlift dogs off of death row
Jan. 2: Pilots n Paws has taken up the cause of moving dogs who are about to be euthanized to shelters where they are more likely to be adopted. NBC's Rehema Ellis reports.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/ ... 8#28474218