OWNER IN HOSPICE, DIABETIC GREYHOUND NEED WINGS TO CHICAGO

This forum is for transport requests that were posted on the Ride Board and have been completed. Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked "DONE".

OWNER IN HOSPICE, DIABETIC GREYHOUND NEED WINGS TO CHICAGO

Postby greyhoundcouches on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:45 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Sr. Greyhound, 10 1/2 years old, 74 pounds
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: Yes
Health Certificate:
Spay/Neutered: Yes
Special needs: Diabetic on insulin twice a day,
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties: Suzanne Reep to Mary in Chicago, IL
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Suzanne Reep at joeysgreyhounds@gmail.com; Cell: (513) 478-1870.
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: Daisy's elderly owner is 87 and has terminal cancer. She was taken to hospice today. Her only wish is that her precious greyhound Daisy find a good home. Daisy is 10 1/2 years old and diabetic. She was devoted to Daisy. A wonderful home and new mom has been found for Daisy in Chicago.
Looking for a lift as soon as possible because of her being insulin dependent to Chicago. We could also get her to Indianapolis for a flight to Chicago.
Suzanne
Joey's Greyhound Friends
joeysgreyhounds@gmail.com
(513) 478-1870
greyhoundcouches

Re: OWNER IN HOSPICE, DIABETIC GREYHOUND NEED WINGS TO CHICA

Postby greyhoundcouches on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:18 pm

This event happened in August, but I thought I would add an end note that Phyllis Brandenburg passed away a day before Daisy was to be transported. Phyllis' daughter went to hospice after she got the call and found a single daisy in the center of her mom's chest. I transported Daisy to Indy where she got a ride to Chicago to her new family. Daisy was a wonderful traveler and I think she knew that her mom was gone. Her new mom thought she was absolutely perfect and so Daisy started a new chapter of her life. Phyllis got her last wish - - that her Daisy find a new and loving home. Suzanne
Attachments
Daisy in car.jpg
Suzanne
Joey's Greyhound Friends
joeysgreyhounds@gmail.com
(513) 478-1870
greyhoundcouches

Return to "DONE" Transports Complete