Brittney needs ride from St. Louis to Harpers Ferry, IA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Brittney needs ride from Jonesboro, AR to Janesville, WI

Post by 747pilot » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Diane,
I would like to thank you for trying to help get JJ up the road towards WI. Myself, I have been posting on this request for sometime. Also, been in direct contact with Rebecca,today. I'm currently in East TN trying to do another PNP flight to VA this weekend. I told Rebecca to keep me in the loop on JJ and when I get back, I will renew my offer to fly JJ to somewhere so another pilot or ground transport can take over. This rescue was set up to operate last week but the weather did not cooperate.

I sent you a private email in regards to your critical comment about my statement, ATC hassle, you were offended, which had nothing to do with the ST Louis Controllers. I even gave my phone number and email but you never called or sent an email. I didn't want to bring this up on the request forum. The ATC comment was all about the ST Louis Class B Airspace. If another pilot was going to meet me in the STL area and depart with JJ to the North, to avoid any Class B issues if ST Louis happened to have a push going on , (arrivals or departures) it would just make it easier to meet at an airport on the fringe or out of the class B and not get caught up in air traffic. Plus, not every pilot for Pilots N Paws have the same qualifications and almost always the fuel is cheaper. Personally, I have flown PNP Flights into SET, SUS, CPS (your home base) and last Saturday, FES, Festus. The Festus is on the PNP Done Forum complete with pictures. I have flown into STL, Lambert, many, many times in DC9's, 727's and twice in the 747-400 (miltary charter). If I may say this, with no disrespect, I proabably have flown the Qball arrival more times than you. The ST Louis controllers are some of the best in the business. I own two airplanes, Baron 55 and my trusty Cessna 182. I retired from Northwest Airlines in Nov 2004 after a long, enjoyable 38.5 year career. I remain very active in General Aviation. I fly my airplanes just like i conducted my flights on an airliner, proffesional. Flying PNP flights ( almost 4 years) still fuel my two passions, flying and my love of dogs. It allows me to give back for my sucess. Buy the book, Dog is my Copilot and you can read about me on page 62 and 78. You can get it on Amazon.
I hope we get a chance to meet someday while doing a PNP Rescue.
Regards and "Fly Safe",
Captain Jim Carney
NWA, retired
Known around PNP as, Uncle Jim
PS, I'm from MO!!!

twabob

Re: Brittney needs ride from St. Louis to Harpers Ferry, IA

Post by twabob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 am

Rebecca - I'm planning on doing a transport from Cinncinati to STL meeting a pilot from near Wash DC. I could just as well take a dog with me and make the handoff. He could take your dog back to Harpers Ferry. He has already expressed a willingness to do it. Would that help you out? Bob Blumenshine 314 323 8863

AmerBritRescueWV
Zip Code: 26241
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Brittney needs ride from St. Louis to Harpers Ferry, IA

Post by AmerBritRescueWV » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Dear Bob,
Thanks so much for remember us but JJ made the connection we posted for and has since been adopted to his forever home. Please tell the other pilot how much we appreciate his willingness. I'll send the blurb in our newsletter to your e-mail address - and I apologize because I thought I already had.
Again, thank you!
Rebecca Wallace
American Brittany Rescue
843-812-0831