PLEASE HELP need immediate transport GA to MO

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
P.Morris
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

PLEASE HELP need immediate transport GA to MO

Post by P.Morris » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age:Mountian Curr dog 40 lbs.
Health Condition:Good
Heart worm Status:Neg
Vaccinations:yes
Health Certificate:yes
Spay/Neutered:yes
Special needs:
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties:Patti Morris
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):
Are you a 501c3:
Additional Info/situation: Post on FB needing all dogs pulled from this kennel they will all die tommarrow. I have a hold on 1 #2591 Beautiful Mountian Curr dog young. Rescue groups on facebook had him posted I said I would foster did not think I would be left with the rest of the work to save him.. Please help he is in Floyd County Animal Countrol 431 Mathis Rd. SE Rome GA he needs to get to the Festus Mo airport for pickup.. There are others that have been tagged and now need transport also. Thanks sooooooooooooo much.. Patti Morris :( They are taking him to boarding facility after the vet tommarow.

johnmorgan

Re: PLEASE HELP need immediate transport GA to MO

Post by johnmorgan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 am

I can fly the dog from Rome GA to John Tune Airport in Nashville TN on Fri 11-30 any time or Sat 12-1 in the afternoon.
This is about half way ; so advise me at 770-823-1713 when you have someone for the Northern route.

John Morgan

P.Morris

Post by P.Morris » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:27 am

Now I was told GA has a ten day hold on the dog once it has been taken from the shelter for quarantine. Because of high rate of Rabies in that state. So I suppose I now have to wait 10 days from today to have this dog brought to safety.. I will keep you updated.. Thanks so much.. Patti

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 747pilot » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:53 am

Patti,
I just saw your post. The GA law of holding dogs for 10 days is an excellent law. Keep me informed on when the dog will be ready for transport and I might be able to combine your request with another from the Nashville area. However, the runway at Festus is to short for my airplane and I would have to use the Farmington Airport. It is only a few miles South down Hiway 67..
Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP -TN

P.Morris

Post by P.Morris » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks and Farmington would be fine..I will keep you updated.. This is a very HIGH KILL shelter very much abuse has gone on to dogs and cats there, I wish I could do more. 6 total were saved. The warden wanted the kennel cleaned out and all killed today . NO AND IF"S ABOUT IT.. What a cruel person he is. Hoping they shut them down.. I will check back with you when I hear time to go home. Which should be next weekend. About Saturday Thanks Agian.. Patti

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Patti,
Please keep me informed.
Jim carney
Pilot - PNP - TN

P.Morris

Post by P.Morris » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Jim,, Got news he is a beautiful loving dog that is the update from where he is being boarded.. She said she could take him to what ever airport Near Roma anytime.. Monday or Tuesday he is going to be fixed. Now the boarding cost are going up for me and I have saved 3 others out of my own pocket.. Was wondering if you charge and how much... He will be ready for transport Wed. Let me no if you can find a transport from TN to Farmingtion Mo. I surely appreciate all your help with this..Big hearts make great people.. Thank you. Patti

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Patti,
Why don't you go back with the original plan for the other pilot who was going to fly the dog to John Tune Airport, Nashville (NOTE: Shelbyville, TN , SYI, South of Nashville, might be better , with much better fuel price) and I will still fly the dog to Farmington, MO. The runway at Festus, MO is to short for my plane. If the weather is OK, I should be open next week. Wed weather looks OK at this time.

Make sure the vet says it is OK for him to fly that soon after being altered.

Pilots N Paws is Non-Profit. The pilots don't charge, they donate. Go to http://www.pilotsnpaws.org and on the top, click on ,ABOUT. There you can read how Pilots N Paws is set up to operate.

Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP
[email protected]

P.Morris

Post by P.Morris » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi I just talked to John the other pilot, he said Wed. would be fine. He said he can meet u at either airport.. I asked him when he gets a chance to contact you by email and cordinate this trip. I am off Wed so anytime I am available it does take me about 40 minutes to get to Farmington so just need a time to be there and a name of the airport so I can google it to find directions for me to get there.. Thanks again soooooooooo much BOTH of you.. Ziggie thanks you also.. He will now be able to find a loving forever home. Patti Morris

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Patti,
Wed will work for me and I will plan Shelbyville, TN, SYI. However, the other pilot needs to respond and reply to your post like I did and doing now. It is very hard to communicate to someone if you don't even know who it is! Pilots N Paws is set up to operate via the forum. This puts and keeps everyone involved with the rescue on the same page. However, once the basic details are worked out, all can switch to email but make sure all are cc in.
Thanks,
Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP - TN
[email protected]
901-496-0768