Any day this week, need her to Atlanta by Friday evening, Dec 28th
Number of animals being transported: 1, White German Shepherd Mix
Breeds, weight, age: maybe 3 years, White GSD
Health Condition: Good, recovering from uterus prolapse and Spay surgery
Heart worm Status: Neg
Vaccinations: all Up to date
Health Certificate: Yes
Special needs: She will need to lay down if possible. She had a prolapsed uterus in the shelter where it came out of her bottom. She had emergency surgery yesterday and she is okay, just a bit more than a standard spay surgery.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Echo Dogs White Shepherd Rescue (http://echodogs.org
) (was at a local shelter...but waiting in boarding kennel now)
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Echo Dogs White Shepherd Rescue (http://echodogs.org
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Amy Lusty, firstname.lastname@example.org
, cell 908-296-9654
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: "No Name Girl"...here is her story: We received an emergency plea about a pregnant white shepherd with a prolapsed uterus that needed immediate attention. When we called, found out that she was already at the vet and they did an emergency spay – she wasn’t actually pregnant, but in heat and her vagina/uterus were actually coming out of her (I know, more detail that you’d like). So anyway, Echo committed to her – she is in an extremely rural GA area so no chance for her otherwise. Turns out she is a mix. We talked to animal control about her – she was OK when she came into the shelter (before the prolapse). She is very sweet, extremely submissive with other dogs (according to AC, she crawls up to them, somewhat nervous).
These pictures are of her right after her spay, so she has not recovered from the anesthesia yet – so that’s why she looks so bad.
She will be fostered in Michigan, but a family member of mine happens to be visiting the Atlanta area and are driving home to where I live on Saturday. They will take her with them in their Tahoe if we can get her from Augusta area to the Atlanta area. They can pick her up at the Barrow County Airport or another if its in the Atlanta area. They will keep her overnight until they leave on Saturday morning. I will be her foster home in Michigan.
Please help her if you can! Echo is paying boarding until they can get her to me and we can't afford much, but didn't want her to go back to the shelter after her surgery.