White Shepherd Help! Georgia: Augusta area to Atlanta area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lustya
Zip Code: 48820
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

White Shepherd Help! Georgia: Augusta area to Atlanta area

Post by lustya » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Any day this week, need her to Atlanta by Friday evening, Dec 28th
Number of animals being transported: 1, White German Shepherd Mix
Breeds, weight, age: maybe 3 years, White GSD
Health Condition: Good, recovering from uterus prolapse and Spay surgery
Heart worm Status: Neg
Vaccinations: all Up to date
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Yes
Special needs: She will need to lay down if possible. She had a prolapsed uterus in the shelter where it came out of her bottom. She had emergency surgery yesterday and she is okay, just a bit more than a standard spay surgery.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Echo Dogs White Shepherd Rescue (http://echodogs.org) (was at a local shelter...but waiting in boarding kennel now)
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Echo Dogs White Shepherd Rescue (http://echodogs.org)
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Amy Lusty, [email protected], cell 908-296-9654
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: "No Name Girl"...here is her story: We received an emergency plea about a pregnant white shepherd with a prolapsed uterus that needed immediate attention. When we called, found out that she was already at the vet and they did an emergency spay – she wasn’t actually pregnant, but in heat and her vagina/uterus were actually coming out of her (I know, more detail that you’d like). So anyway, Echo committed to her – she is in an extremely rural GA area so no chance for her otherwise. Turns out she is a mix. We talked to animal control about her – she was OK when she came into the shelter (before the prolapse). She is very sweet, extremely submissive with other dogs (according to AC, she crawls up to them, somewhat nervous).
These pictures are of her right after her spay, so she has not recovered from the anesthesia yet – so that’s why she looks so bad.

She will be fostered in Michigan, but a family member of mine happens to be visiting the Atlanta area and are driving home to where I live on Saturday. They will take her with them in their Tahoe if we can get her from Augusta area to the Atlanta area. They can pick her up at the Barrow County Airport or another if its in the Atlanta area. They will keep her overnight until they leave on Saturday morning. I will be her foster home in Michigan.

Please help her if you can! Echo is paying boarding until they can get her to me and we can't afford much, but didn't want her to go back to the shelter after her surgery.
Thank you!
Amy

lustya

Re: White Shepherd Help! Georgia: Augusta area to Atlanta a

Post by lustya » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Pictures of No Name are at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lustya22/8 ... 2911281051

She is groggy from her surgery so her pics aren't great.
Amy

Wingtip56

Post by Wingtip56 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:41 pm

I can pick her up Thursday and bring her back to Lawrenceville KLZU.
TERRY 770-329-8491
[email protected]

lustya

Post by lustya » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Terry-
That would be wonderful! My niece can pick her up at your airport (she lives in Alpharetta GA so maybe a half hour from the Lawrenceville airport).
I will try to find someone that can get her from boarding to the airport. Do you have a preference for a time to pickup in Augusta? (I found Augusta Regional Airport online, so I'm guessing you can pick her up there).

Let me know a time and I will get her there:)
Amy

Wingtip56

Post by Wingtip56 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:30 pm

I can pick her at around 10:30 at KAGS and back to KLZU about 11:15 - 11:30. She can lay in the back of the plane but I will need a leash and collar to tether her.

It is possible that I could do this tomorrow if it works better for you; same times.

Lets communicate by phone 770-329-8491 or [email protected].

Terry Britt

PokerCPA

Post by PokerCPA » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:02 pm

I am flying around Gvl on Thursday so can be a backup if you need me

lustya

Post by lustya » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:31 pm

We found a pilot for this! He can fly her over on Thursday, so we are all set!
Thank you!
Amy

lustya

Post by lustya » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:24 pm

This is complete!
Terry ended up driving as he didn't think weather was good for flying, but this girl is in foster care and doing very well.
Thank you!
Amy
echodogs.org