(EOK)Keokuk IA - (3Y3) Winterset IA: PREGNANT DOG IN SHELTER

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
aheinz57

(EOK)Keokuk IA - (3Y3) Winterset IA: PREGNANT DOG IN SHELTER

Post by aheinz57 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Boxer mix, 50 lbs, adult
Health Condition: Pregnant
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: Current
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: No
Special needs:
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Keokuk Animal Services, 249 Carbide Lane, Keokuk, IA 52632
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: AHeinz57 Pet Rescue, 109 Guthrie, De Soto, IA 50069
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Yes
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: The owner of this dog lost her home and is currently homeless. She brought her dog to the shelter today because she is pregnant and can't take care of her. I will attach a photo as soon as I receive one. We would like to move this dog as soon as possible. The risk of her contracting a disease in a shelter and passing it to her pups is high. If the pups are born in the shelter, the risk of them becoming fatally ill is extremely high. The sending and receiving rescues are both very flexible and will accommodate the schedules of the pilot. Thank you!
Last edited by aheinz57 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kamijeff
Zip Code: 52302
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: C17
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: (EOK)Keokuk IA - (3Y3) Winterset IA: PREGNANT DOG IN SHE

Post by kamijeff » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 pm

I should be able to do this transport on Saturday. Do you have time limitations? Since the time seems to be flexible I'd like to line this up with another transport going north as well that I could meet up with at 3Y3.

aheinz57

Re: (EOK)Keokuk IA - (3Y3) Winterset IA: PREGNANT DOG IN SHE

Post by aheinz57 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 am

Thank you so much for offering to help! However, I have another pilot who offered to go. He was recently introduced to PnP, so hopefully this flight will get him fully onboard. Fingers crossed!