DONE Stafford VA to Hartford CT

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
doganddisc
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE Stafford VA to Hartford CT

Post by doganddisc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:24 pm

FNHBR (http://www.fnhbr.org) is pulling five dogs, all under six mnths of age, from a shelter in West Virgina. They already have a flight into Stafford, VA- we just need to get them as close as possible to Connecticut.

The puppies are a Lab mix, a German Shepherd mix, a German Shepherd/Lab mix, and a Beagle mother and puppy.

The transport is set for this Sunday, but is flexible pending any foster homes we find along the route. The puppies at this shelter are URGENT.

Thank you!
Last edited by doganddisc on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

doganddisc

Re: Transport needed from Stafford VA to Hartford CT

Post by doganddisc » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 am

bump

DJK3737T
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Please provide some details about which dogs could ride harnessed, which could be crated together, and which would require separate crates (and how big).

If they're flying into Stafford, it would also be helpful to know around what time they expect to arrive.

RMN to HFD would be feasible in one leg -- a little over two hours each way at 130 knots.

-- DJK

doganddisc

Post by doganddisc » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:29 pm

These are the dogs that need transport. 1) Shepard/Lab mix. This one is the heaviest weighing no more than 40lbs. 2) Shep mix puppy weighing at most 15lbs. 3)beagle no more than 20 lbs 4) beagle puppy weighing 10 lbs 5)Boston terrier mix puppy 6)Collie Mix Puppy. We would need two or three crates... the only one who might require a separate crate would be the Shepard/lab mix. The Shepard/lab mix could ride harnessed. They are leaving Mercer airport at 9AM Sunday to go to Stafford.

We urgently need a flight for these dogs from Stafford to get as close to CT as possible. We will drive the rest of the way.

DJK3737T

Re: URGENT!!!! Transport needed from Stafford VA to Hartford CT

Post by DJK3737T » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:15 am

Did they make it into Stafford okay on Sunday? The weather looked good up at this end.

I'm trying to find a way to combine this with another transport, possibly on Wednesday if I can get off from work. What's their status in foster care? If I can do this, I should be able to go on up to Hartford, but at this point prospects remain uncertain.

Thanks,

-- DJK

Tom N.
Airport identifier: KCDW

DONE! URGENT!!! Transport needed from Stafford VA to Hartfor

Post by Tom N. » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Another one for the log books.

Tom

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 am

Ordinarily Stafford to Hartford would be pretty easy, but I'm trying to find a way to combine this with another transport from north central North Carolina (TDF) to Wings Field near Philadelphia (LOM). If someone else could fly the relatively short leg from LOM to HFD, the whole thing would become a lot easier to arrange.

Thursday's weather doesn't look good up there and I'm booked Friday and Saturday, so unless we can set something up for tomorrow (and I'm still not sure I can get off from work), it probably couldn't happen before Sunday.

-- DJK
David Kenny

doganddisc

Post by doganddisc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:20 pm

This transport is complete. Thank you it took so long for me to update and thank you to all the pilots who helped and to those who offered to help! You guys did it again :D