1-Year Old Female Rescue Needs Ride to Foster on Sunday 3/23

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
loveoflabsrescue
Zip Code: 06790
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

1-Year Old Female Rescue Needs Ride to Foster on Sunday 3/23

Post by loveoflabsrescue » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am

Number of animals being transported: 1 female dog
Breeds, weight, age: Treeing Walker Coonhound, 65 pounds, 1 year old
Health condition: Excellent
Heartworm status: Negative
Vaccinations: Up to Date
Health certificate: Yes
Spayed/neutered: Spayed
Special needs: None
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): Kristen Bell, Transport Coordinator: [email protected]
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Kristen Bell, Transport Coordinator: [email protected]
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: For the Love of Labs Rescue
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: For the Love of Labs Rescue
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Date ready for transport: Sunday, March 23
Additional info/situation: Departure time is flexible; Arriving airport is flexible - any airport within an hour of Gray, GA is fine.
Last edited by loveoflabsrescue on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gshep

Re: 1-Year Old Female Rescue Needs Ride to Foster on Sunday

Post by gshep » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:28 am

I can help with this on Sunday for sure, the weather should be good. I may have another transport from GA to TN and could do this one on the way back. Even if that one doesn't work out I can still do this one. Thomaston would be ideal for me, is that too far from Gray?

loveoflabsrescue

Post by loveoflabsrescue » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:51 am

Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for your response! Thomaston works fine for us. What timeframe are you looking at for Sunday? Afternoon is better for our Gray foster so if you have another transport to TN and could do this one after, that may work out best. Let me know and we will make it work regardless. Thank you!

gshep

Post by gshep » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:31 am

I am holding my breath and crossing my fingers on the weather for Sunday. The forecast has gone from Sunny to rain in the morning then partly cloudy. I will keep an eye on it and update you as we get closer.

andytcsi

Post by andytcsi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:52 am

ya'll keep me informed, I might could turn this into an IFR training flight with my CFII to cover if needed.

Side note: If the weather isn't bad, Gary after you land in Thomaston come over to the Skydive Atlanta hangar and ask for me, I'll be working and figure I should say hi since we are usually responding on these boards together. I'll send you my cell # in a PM shortly.

Andy White

loveoflabsrescue

Post by loveoflabsrescue » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Thank you Gary. Fingers crossed and praying that the weather cooperates on Sunday! This sweet pup very much needs rescue this weekend!

Thank you Andy for providing us with another option if needed!

gshep

Post by gshep » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 pm

My other trip from GA to TN on Sunday was picked up by another pilot who is doing that one today, so that gives me a little more flexibility on this one as far as timing. I am now looking at being able to bring the big pup as far as the Macon *downtown* airport if that works better than Thomaston for you.

I am still watching the forecast for Sunday, it's still just a little uncertain for me at this point. Tomorrow, however, looks better. Is there any chance she could go tomorrow?

Here are my thoughts on options:
1) I can make the trip tomorrow with Sunday as a backup possibility.
2) Andy could potentially be backup on sunday in case IFR flight is needed? Andy?
3) I can still plan to make the trip on Sunday but may have to cancel depending on weather. Then again it may not be necessary to cancel, rain isn't a problem but cloud ceiling is.

If she isn't ready for transport tomorrow and cancellation on Sunday is necessary I could make the trip on Monday, Tuesday or Wed. I would just have to do some schedule swapping at work

What are your thoughts?

loveoflabsrescue

Post by loveoflabsrescue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Gary, thank you for your message. Unfortunately tomorrow won't work because our Georgia Foster is out of town and not back until Sunday morning. So let's stick with Sunday, weather pending, and we will play it by ear. If you need to cancel Sunday because of weather then let's shoot for Monday or Tuesday preferably Monday. The earlier the better to get this girl safe with our foster. Macon airport works even better for us. So no problem there. Can you email me your cell phone number and email address so I can create a run sheet with contact information for our drivers on each end. [email protected]

Thank you!

gshep

Post by gshep » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:27 am

Having to cancel today on account of weather but tomorrow (Monday) looks like it can work - email to the parties on the run sheet.

andytcsi

Post by andytcsi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:09 am

My CFII is tied up today so best to go with Gary tomorrow. Gary I don't have to work tomorrow but do have a few errands to run, if you want a co-pilot I possibly could help.

Andy