TRANSPORT COMPLETE!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
psdrescue

TRANSPORT COMPLETE!

Post by psdrescue » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Woohoo! I love PNP!

UPDATE: The pilot from IN to MI discovered an issue with his plane. Pagan has to go to Lexington, KY now and still needs a ride home. Can anyone help?
TRANSPORT IN PROGRESS Tuscaloosa, AL-MI or IN for small dog
white chi.jpg
Crystal aka Pagan (shelter name)
Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: 15 lb, 2 year old, white Chi
Health condition: Healthy, but HW+
Heartworm status: HW+
Vaccinations: Bordetella, Distemper, and Rabies
Health certificate: No
Spayed/neutered: No
Special needs:
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Karyn
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Karyn
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Karyn
Are you a 501c3: No
Date ready for transport: As soon as possible so she can get to her forever home and start treatment.
Additional info/situation: I wrote up a small bio. Crystal, known as Pagan at the shelter, is a white Chihuahua about 15 lbs. She has had her DA2PPV, Bordatella, and been dewormed. The shelter will get her rabies and health cert. She is not spayed and sadly is heartworm positive. I need to get her to her adopter so she can start her treatment and get spayed. What a great adopter to take on a heartworm positive dog!

It looks like the airports are Birmingham International Airport (BHM), 5900 Messer Airport Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35212, so I would need to get her there. I am not sure how to do this part because the next airport is Louisville International Airport (SDF), 600 Terminal Dr, Louisville, KY 40209 (365 miles). From the Louisville, KY airport she needs to than get to Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA), 3801 W Ferguson Rd # 209, Fort Wayne, IN 46809 and the adopter can meet the pilot there. She is going to MI.

Transport is needed ASAP so she can start her treatment. I have tried the ground transport, but I have not had much luck. The sooner she gets home, the sooner she can start her treatment. The adopter is an approved foster and adopter for my rescue.
My contact information is available.

Thank you for any help.
Last edited by psdrescue on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

kevin182
Zip Code: 49456
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3GM
Distance willing to fly one way: 225

Re: Tuscaloosa, AL to MI or IN for small dog

Post by kevin182 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:57 am

I can help out with this, and can do a pick up at somewhere around Indy and deliver to Three Rivers.

joemoss3
Airport identifier: KMQY
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by joemoss3 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:30 am

I can fly a leg from Nashville (or nearby) to northern Kentucky or southern Indiana, weather permitting. Kevin, can you fly a little farther south? I'm in a 150. A little slow.

Joe 615 554 3052
Joe Moss
KMQY - Smyrna, Tenn.
IFR - PA-28-181

psdrescue

Post by psdrescue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Thank you Kevin and Joe! I am just waiting to see when I can get the rest of the transport worked out. I truly appreciate this :D

kevin182

Post by kevin182 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Joe,

How about Columbus, IN (BAK) or Freeman, IN (SER)? I'm already stretching my limit on distance, I could go a little further south, but not much.

Kevin
2515U
PA28-161
Maroon and white
Based at Z98
VFR

kevin182

Post by kevin182 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:17 pm

JVY would work too.

psdrescue

Post by psdrescue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:39 pm

question...I have been offered a transport tonight, BUT it is a night run. The driver will be in Indianapolis tomorrow afternoon sometime. She is not sure of the timing as she is dropping off other dogs. It could be between 2-5 pm. Kevin, you had offered to drive from IN to Three Rivers available around this time. Than she can be transport tonight and catch other driver on the way back. PS They will be going through Indianapolis early this morning around 2:30 am or so, but they have to come back down from Madison, WI and will be driving back through tomorrow afternoon. Hoping to save a pilots time.

psdrescue

Post by psdrescue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:58 pm

I thought I might have had a transport for tomorrow, but there was a problem. I just need from Birmingham, AL to Nashville, TN than and a date everyone is available.

kevin182

Post by kevin182 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm

I can't do this weekend at all, due to prior commitments. The best time for me, weather permitting is Saturday, then Sunday afternoon.

joemoss3
Airport identifier: KMQY
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by joemoss3 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Kevin,

Thanks, either one of those works, or in that general area. So if someone can get someplace near Nashville I think we're good.

joe
Joe Moss
KMQY - Smyrna, Tenn.
IFR - PA-28-181