2 Bully pups--LA to NV

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

2 Bully pups--LA to NV

Post by carolynharris » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:13 am

Number of animals being transported: Two
Breeds, weight, age: Bully pups: one neutered male, 5 months, about 25#, named "Beno;" one female baby, about 9#, 9 weeks, named "Berry"
Health condition: Excellent
Heartworm status: N/A
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: Yes
Spayed/neutered: Yes and N/A
Special needs: None
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Carolyn Harris, 337/837-5930, or [email protected]
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Michelle Brignac, St. Martin Parish Animal Services, St. Martinville, LA
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Diana, A Home 4 Spot, Las Vegas, NV
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Date ready for transport: Now
Additional info/situation:

These 2 babies are but 2 of the nearly 40 pitbulls recently confiscated by the St. Martin Parish Sheriff as a result of their breaking up a large dogfighting ring.
Once seized, they then became the responsibility of Michelle and her staff at the St. Martin Animal Shelter. Michelle has been so diligent in assessing each dog and finding rescues for those deemed suitable. A large number of them just went to rescue in Missouri, where they will be rehabilitated and made ready for public adoption.

Beno and Berry know nothing about fighting--they just want to catch a ride to Las Vegas where their rescue can find them a home and a human who will love them as they were meant to be loved.

Obviously, with the distance involved, this will be a long, multi-leg flight. We plan to route them thru Albuquerque, NM, with the first overnight there. Will have to get advice from the pilots out West as to whether or not we can make it to Las Vegas on the second day or whether another overnight will be necessary. Berry, of course, can fit in a small "cat" crate, whereas Beno will need a somewhat larger one

They are ready to go as soon as we can get the legs lined up. I believe the closest, suitable airport to the rescue is Henderson Executive (HND).

Carolyn Harris
Broussard, LA
337/837-5930
Attachments
Berry.jpg
Beno 1 (1)_opt.jpg
Last edited by carolynharris on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jekapp
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 Bully pups--LA to NV

Post by jekapp » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:19 pm

If you can get them to phoenix, i can get them to kingman, az

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks, Jerry. I might route these thru Albuquerque rather than Phoenix, but will not know for sure until I see how many volunteer pilots we get. Will definitely keep you in the loop.

Carolyn

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:45 pm

These guys have been waiting several weeks to catch a ride. Starting to come together for Saturday, with some open spots. Here's what I have so far:
FRIDAY/SATURDAY:
ARA to Austin, TX--FILLED (by Ben) to arrive Friday night by 9 p.m.; FOSTER NEEDED FOR OVERNIGHT STAY

Austin to Midland -- NEEDED

Midland to Albuquerque -- NEEDED; FOSTER IN PLACE FOR OVERNIGHT STAY
(Can also divide this up into Midland to Clovis and Clovis to Albuquerque, if we have to)

SUNDAY:

Albuquerque to Flagstaff -- FILLED (by Richard)

Flagstaff to Henderson, NV -- NEEDED

If I can't take advantage of the generous offer for Friday to get them to Austin with one pilot, I will have to regroup and start them out from ARA on Saturday.
I would then be looking at the following:

SATURDAY:

ARA to Pearland -- NEEDED

Pearland to Austin -- FILLED (by Wade)

Same Itinerary as above from Austin onward.

As you can see, this is far from complete and lot of work left to do on my part. I was hoping pups wouldn't have to wait until the following weekend, as that is Easter and I assumed many pilots would have family activities already planned. If anyone can help with a leg or an overnight stay or any other suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Carolyn
337-837-5930

sanchia
Zip Code: 78737
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sanchia » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:34 am

What is the date?

sanchia
Sanchia Saglimbene
203-561-5703

cardrac2000
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 40XS
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by cardrac2000 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:43 am

Carolyn, I can fill a leg out of Austin. Eastbound or westbound, whichever way you need. Tanya
Tanya
40XS, RV-9A

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:50 pm

The transport is set for this weekend. Pups are flying into Austin, TX, (EDC) tonight where they will be fostered overnight. Then, Tanya Card will fly them to Midland (MDD) tomorrow, but this is "iffy" due to change in weather. Provided we are on schedule, they will fly from Midland to Clovis and a PnP pilot will drive them from Clovis to Albuquerque tomorrow evening. They will overnight in Albuquerque.

Sunday they will fly out to Flagstaff. This is where we are stuck. Need final leg from Flagstaff or nearby proximity to Henderson, NV. I need someone to either fly them there or drive them, if possible. They might have to stay in Albuquerque a couple of nights if I can't get that very last leg filled.

Hope this makes sense. If they get stuck in Austin, Tanya found them a rescue who will foster them until they can get flown out and on to Midland. Hopefully, that won't happen.

Carolyn
337-837-5930

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 pm

"Berry" was running a fever when time came to issue her health certificate, so the vet did not allow her to accompany "Beno" on the trip. Beno left New Iberia on Friday evening with Ben Cook of New Orleans and arrived in Austin just before 8 p.m. He overnighted with EDC employee Carlos Flores who then returned him to EDC on Saturday for pickup by Tanya Card. Tanya flew Beno to Midland, where Charlie Spence was waiting to fly him on to Clovis, NM. Once there, PnP pilot Andrew Becker and his wife drove him on to Albuquerque.

Long-time and well-known foster Dave cared for Beno on Saturday night, then took him to meet PnP pilot Richard Hoover and his wife Sunday morning. They drove him to Flagstaff, where they connected with a gentleman whom the rescue had found. He was driving to Las Vegas from Phoenix, so he agreed to detour thru Flagstaff to allow Beno to ride with him the rest of the way. Beno made it to his new foster home right around 6 p.m. Mountain Time on Sunday.

It was a long affair for Beno, but he made friends wherever he went and was a great ambassador for the Pitbull Breed. One pilot said Beno had changed his mind about his formerly-negative opinion of the breed. Many, many thanks to all who flew, drove and fostered Beno this past weekend. We couldn't have done it out with each of you doing your part.

Carolyn