DONE: One Lab mix. Nashville, TN to Denver, CO

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lorene

DONE: One Lab mix. Nashville, TN to Denver, CO

Post by lorene » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Lab mix, 60 lbs., 2 yrs. old
Health condition: good
Heartworm status: negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: Yes
Spayed/neutered: Yes
Special needs: none
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): Lorene at [email protected]
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Lorene Steffes
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: TN SPCA
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Screened and approved adopter
Are you a 501c3: Sending rescue is a 501c3
Date ready for transport: Ready now. Would just need 24 hr notice to have time to get the health certificate
Additional info/situation: This is a long transport. Will require a relay of 4 pilots. We have 3 of the 4 legs filled. Springfield, MO to Wichita, KS is still open. This doesn't need to start in Springfield, MO. Anywhere in Southeast MO would be fine. We are trying for Saturday, Apr. 19, but could look at other dates as long as it's after Apr. 17 as one of the pilots cannot fly the mission before that date. Thank you for your kind consideration in helping this nice guy, Maverick, get to his new HOME. Hope we get this last leg filled!
Last edited by lorene on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PharmerPilot
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M01
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Re: One Lab mix...Nashville, TN to Denver, CO

Post by PharmerPilot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Lorene,

Glad to see you got this posted. I'm tentatively planning on flying out to Knoxville on the 12th and could pick Maverick up on my way back. It's not ideal as we'd be starting a long transport in the afternoon, but if we can make it fit I'll drop into the area.

Chris

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 747pilot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Lorene,
I put out the Dog needs a ride alert to a couple of KC, MO PNP Pilots.I can help somehow. Sam said he would help. If Cris brings Maverick back to West TN, maybe I could fly up into MO.
I sent you the contacts for KC.
Jim
There is another request from Tipton CO for two dogs to DEN. Maybe we could combine them.

lorene

Post by lorene » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks, Chris and Jim (and Sam). Chris, what time could you pick up in Nashville if we try for the 12th?

Lorene

lorene

Post by lorene » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Hello again, Pilots:

Chris: We have a pilot who can cover Wichita, KS to Denver on April 17 or later, so we probably won't be able to do this on the 12th. Would you be able to fly Nashville to Covington on April 17 or later? Jim and another pilot, Sam, can help too and maybe fill from Covington to Wichita. Need to check where Sam is based.

mark.staggs
Zip Code: 28166
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: NC26
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Post by mark.staggs » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:32 am

I'm available on Saturday April 19th and could get him from Nashville (JWN) to Memphis (M01) for Chris to fly the second leg.
Mark Staggs
PP-ASEL
Nashville, TN
N5601Q - Mooney M20C

lorene

Post by lorene » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:51 am

Thank you, Mark! I didn't hear back from Chris on flying 4/17 or later. However, Pilot Jim out of Memphis (Covington airport), can fly that second leg. Could you send me an e-mail at [email protected] so have your e-mail address for mission planning.

lorene

Post by lorene » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:55 am

Pilots watching this request:

We have a pilot for Nashville to Memphis, Memphis to Springfield, MO and Wichata, KS to Denver, CO. However the pilot we thought could cover Springfield, MO to Wichata can't fly that leg now. If you are in that area and can help Maverick, please reply on this forum. If you aren't in the area, but know pilots there any help in letting them know about this need is greatly appreciated. Let's get Maverick HOME! THANK YOU!

lorene

Re: One Lab mix.ONE LEG LEFT to FILL.Nashville, TN to Denver

Post by lorene » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 am

All legs filled and Maverick's ride is all set for Saturday, April 19, weather permitting. Thanks to all who viewed this post and considered helping Maverick.

lorene

Re: One Lab mix. Nashville, TN to Denver, CO

Post by lorene » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:57 pm

This mission was complete on April 19, 2014. Plus we were able to make this a two-way mission with the lab, Maverick, traveling from Nashville to Denver and a Min Pin traveling from Denver to Bowling Green, KY. Thanks to PNP Pilots Mark, Jim, Larry and Jason for their generosity and for helping these two dogs along their way.