Bloodhound coming from cancer victim to new Home

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
atrulli
Zip Code: 51455
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Bloodhound coming from cancer victim to new Home

Post by atrulli » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:51 pm

I just talked to Don from Albany, NY -- he would pick up at 10 a.m. in Newport, VT

Don can take Belle from Newport, VT to Newbaugh, NY or to Hartford, CT or that area - he is flexible.. to make this work.. Don checked the weather for me and it is still looking good for Sunday.

Don could be in KHFD Hartford, CT at 11:15 a.m. or Newbaugh, NY at 11:30 (don't quote me)

I have not heard back from Jim the pilot who offered New York to Salisbury, Maryland.

Andris and Kristen Skulte can you go south instead of North and meet Rick in either Princeton or Trenton, NJ??

Do I have anyone who can fit in as Belle has to be moved on SUNDAY... She is already with the friend in Quebec, Canada... and Mom has already said her goodbye...

Rick said he could do Princeton or Trenton, NJ to Jim the adoptive Dad ...

Please get back to me... THANK YOU

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:36 pm

We have this flight COVERED... thank you Don and Jim... and all the others who stepped forward and offered... More information and pictures tomorrow.. Email going out on flight plan..

askulte

Post by askulte » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:52 pm

Another option is for the receiving party to drive to the NJ pickup...

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Don will meet Heather at the Newport, VT airport KEFK at 10:00 am. on 4/6/14 Sunday to pick up Zoe Belle. AirNav: KEFK - Newport State Airport
Heather has her bathed, packed and ready to go... Heather already has instructions to pull the water and food this evening when Zoe Belle goes to bed... Heather has decades of experience with bloodhounds, so she will have her exercised, etc. She has her blanket, loop leash, paperwork, dog food, etc. Don will harness her in the back seat and bring a friend to help entertain her. Heather will not leave airport until Don is in the air.

I can't not stress PICTURES PLEASE -- so we can send them to Heather to get to the family...

Don will meet Jim B at http://www.airnav.com/airport/KSWF
Stewart International Airport Newburgh, NY KSWF
Arrival: 11:30 a.m.
These two will help each other unload, reload, move luggage....

Jim B will take Zoe Belle to AirNav: KMFV - Accomack County Airport
Arrival: 2-2:30 p.m.

So we are good...

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 pm

Thank you so much Don and Jim -- this was heart wrenching situation of a dying mom and her love of her bloodhound... going to a new home...
Attachments
DSC05877z.JPG
DSC05876z.JPG
DSC05874z.JPG