Bloodhound coming from cancer victim to new Home

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
atrulli
Zip Code: 51455
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Bloodhound coming from cancer victim to new Home

Post by atrulli » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:01 pm

THANK YOU DON AND JIM... you rock... giving a dying lady her last request... for her bloodhound to have a forever home..

Name: Zoe Belle - sweet, kissing and goofy girl.
Number of animals being transported: ONE
Breeds, weight, age: Bloodhound girl, 90-100 pounds, 3 years old
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: YES
Spay/Neutered: will be spayed in her furever home.
Special needs: none -- still trying ground transport
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Riverside Bloodhound Rescue
Foster Home: Heather - Canada -- taking Zoe to Newport, VERMONT
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Jim Sturgis Eastville, VA
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Ann T. Transport Coordinator
Are you a 501c3: yes -- will provide charitable donation letter

Additional Info/situation: Zoe Belle's owner is a young woman with two preschoolers and is terminal with only days/ possibly a couple weeks to live -- her wish is in getting Zoe Belle into her furever home. This is the only reason she is hanging on, is to make sure Zoe Belle is in her new home. She has stopped all chemo treatment. We have found the best home possible with a man, who himself beat cancer and will provide an excellent home for her. Zoe Belle has been bounced a lot in the last few months as her Mom was battling cancer. Under the circumstances of needing to get this girl to her adoptive home, he will see to her being spayed after she has settled in. We do not have two weeks to get her spayed in rescue and to Jim in time..

If we can only get Zoe Belle part way, I can set up foster for a night and also some ground transport.

Right now the first good weather in the Newport, Vermont is on Monday... the friend Heather is going to drive Zoe Belle across the border to meet the plane. I have to get her out of that area to even have a chance at ground transport.

Any help you can provide, suggestions, please let me know.. I have never been so desperate in my life... of getting pictures to an owner in her furever home.

Sending Airport: Newport, VT KEFK - Newport, VT. I really need this one... given the distance the friend is willing to drive her south.

Receiving Airport: Salisbury, Maryland... or anyplace close. Jim lives in Eastville, VA and is willing to drive to meet his new girl... and get pictures off to the owner...

THANK YOU seems inadequate as desperate as I am feeling... will provide email addresses, cell phone numbers, etc. in a flight plane to all parties.

Ann T. Transport Coordinator
Attachments
zoebellez.jpg
Last edited by atrulli on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ac11pilot

Re: Bloodhound coming from cancer victim to new Home

Post by ac11pilot » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:35 pm

If you can get her down to New York, I can fly her into Salisbury

Jim

newmatoad
Zip Code: 20816
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KJYO
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by newmatoad » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:46 pm

My forecasts are showing pretty good weather for Vermont and points south for Sunday. If someone could fly the dog south to say Princeton or Trenton, New Jersey on Sunday, I could probably pick the dog up and fly to KSBY or even closer to the adopter's home at Accomack County airport. I am based in Leesburg, VA.

Rick Newman

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:49 pm

The friend is an older gal, starting out in Quebec, Canada and she has been a dear friend with caring for Zoe Belle off and on, providing to this family, not sure how much further she can drive south. But, both sending and receiver will make anything work... Thank you... I am willing to set up an overnight if need be..

I tried to get this girl a home closer in the NE, I had no one who could take her a few days notice and to take on her vetting.

After this past winter I am sure iceberg Zoe Belle has no problem with becoming a beach bum babe in Virginia..

romacpherson
Zip Code: 05855
Airport identifier: KEFK
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by romacpherson » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Darn! I just came down (driving this time) from Newport to Washington DC (relatively close to Salisbury MD) earlier this week. If no one comes forward for the northern leg of the journey, you might try calling Dan Gauvin, the FBO at Newport airport. He might know a potential volunteer. Details here: http://www.lakeviewaviation.com/contact.html Good luck!
Robert MacPherson
KEFK Newport Vt
Cessna 177 Cardinal/Piper P28R Arrow

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Double Darn, we were not contacted about this girl needing a potential home until Tuesday by the friend with asking about rescue. The mom was to go to Chemo on Wednesday and was to sick to really deal with making this decision with everything else on her plate. So, the friend has been trying to help her and still not overwhelm her with all that is happening and as fast as this is going downhill. She went from having about a month, to have a week to two.... It is felt once Zoe Belle is in her home, Mom will let go and be at peace. The family has made arrangements to keep the senior bloodhound with the preschool children, to transition them to their new home.

newmatoad

Post by newmatoad » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:01 am

So the trip is cancelled?

Rick Newman

Sussexmedic

Post by Sussexmedic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:15 am

I'm based out of KGED, 20 miles from Salisbury. I can help, if needed, as well on a final leg from NJ area. If the receiving family is in Eastville, a final destination of KMFV (Accomack County) may be closer.

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 pm

NO, this trip is still needed, still need first leg.... making calls and sending emails now..

newmatoad

Post by newmatoad » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:24 pm

OK. I'm still available for a trip from NJ down to the eastern shore of MD-VA. Seems like there should be a pilot up north who might be able to volunteer for this one.

Rick Newman