Bubba Gump needs a ride from Memphis to Nashville

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ilovecatahoulas

Bubba Gump needs a ride from Memphis to Nashville

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: catahoula leopard dog mix, 6 months old about 20 pounds
Health condition: good

Heartworm status: Not tested but will be
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: will get one
Spayed/neutered: not yet, rescue will obtain
Special needs: no
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): Sharon Bryant, 423-340-2138
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Sharon Bryant, blackjack [email protected]
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: west Memphis Animal Shelter, Kerry Snead, 901-337-3652
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Larry Murdock foster, 317-403-8799
Are you a 501c3: yes
Date ready for transport: 4/12/14 :plane: :plane: :plane:
Additional info/situation:
Last edited by ilovecatahoulas on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IceQueenTN
Zip Code: 37388
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KTHA
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Re: Bubba Gump needs a ride from Memphis to Nashville

Post by IceQueenTN » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:26 pm

3:24 pm on 4/11/14 - just got message. Pilot could pick up dog in W. Memphis, but would have to land back at home base, John Tune in West Nashville, where someone would have to meet him to receive the dog. If interested, call immediately to get set up at 615-942-8389.

Marge Janiak
Join the National Database For Animal Rescues & Transports - All information in one place & no more transports coming apart from lack of transporters! Check us out at http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nati ... Transports.

PharmerPilot
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: M01

Post by PharmerPilot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Sharon,

I'm departing DeWitt Spain airport in Memphis tomorrow morning. Can you have your driver meet me there at 9:30? Address is below:

2787 N Second St, Memphis, TN 38127

I prefer flying into John Tune airport in Nashville, as well, but can drop by any of the ones in the area. I'd suggest staying away from BNA though as it would be a lot more difficult to meet up. E-mail me with the details and contact information for who is going to meet me at both places. I estimate it will take me about 90 minutes or so to get into Nashville once I depart, so my best guess is I could deliver Bubba Gump around 11:30 am. I'm finishing up at work now and have plans this evening, so I may not be able to respond until late.

Marge - wow, you jumped on this quickly! Sharon and I were discussing this earlier as I am already flying out to Knoxville tomorrow on another trip. I just got word that the receiving end of that one can meet me later so I can take this one along for the ride.

Chris
[email protected]

joemoss3
Airport identifier: KMQY
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by joemoss3 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:17 pm

I can pick this one up at John Tune and take to Lebanon, unless Chris wants to go on to Lebanon. It's on the way to Knoxville.

Joe
615 554 3052
Joe Moss
KMQY - Smyrna, Tenn.
IFR - PA-28-181

joemoss3
Airport identifier: KMQY
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by joemoss3 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Actually, maybe I spoke too soon. I'm in a Cessna 150, and I just noticed the weight. How big is the crate?

Joe
Joe Moss
KMQY - Smyrna, Tenn.
IFR - PA-28-181

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 747pilot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Since I'm flying over to Mufreesboro tomorrow AM to pick up Daisy from the same person receiving Bubba, I could change and land at Lebanon. This would make it real simple for the receiver. However, the West Memphis folks would need to drive Bubba to the Covington Airport and have him there by 8:15 so I can be in the air soon after. My ETA for Murfreesboro was 10AM, so it might a little later for Lebanon. Will be back later tonight and check the post.
Jim Carney
PNP

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Ok, I have not heard back from Kerry Snead with the West Memphis Animal Shelter other than we are approved to pull Bubba and a volunteer can have him at the airport in the morning. I told her 9:30 am in Memphis, so I need to get confirmation on the actual address.

Murfreesboro or Lebanon will work for the boarder who is bringing Miss Daisy. She lives and has her boarding kennel in Lebanon.

The fosters can meet at Lebanon or Murfreesboro, just need to know the time/

Thanks, Sharon :P

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Kim Bradley the boarder says John Tune is an hour away and she has to pick up her sick horse at the vet tomorrow and may not be able to fly that far. Murfreesboro or Lebanon she is good with those 2! :plane:

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:10 pm

I am on the shelter web site, since they are open again at 8 in the am, it should be OK to reach them in the morning.

Bubba Gump weighs 20 pounds and looking closer at his photo, he may be more like 8-12 weeks old as opposed to the 6-8 months old that they told me :roll:

PharmerPilot
Airport identifier: M01

Post by PharmerPilot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:30 pm

I can fly to whichever airport is easiest for Kim to get into. Let me know which one and I'll plan accordingly.

Chris