Transport from Pennyan, NY to NYC, NY, Sat. June 28

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Findinggreathomes

Transport from Pennyan, NY to NYC, NY, Sat. June 28

Post by Findinggreathomes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1 small Snorkie (Schnauzer/Yorkie) puppy
Breeds, weight, age: Snorkies, Male Hampton - 8 weeks old, 2.75 lbs each
Health condition: Excellent
Heartworm status: Negative
Vaccinations:UTD
Health certificate: Yes
Spayed/neutered: Yes, neutered
Special needs: N/A
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Robin Manley Finding Great Homes Rescue, 336-414-1373 or [email protected]
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties:Robin Manley Finding Great Homes Rescue, 336-414-1373 or [email protected]
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Austin Mullins 917-209-7370 or 212-929-4658 or Russell Groves 212.929.5221
[email protected], [email protected]. Russell Groves is the adopter of Hampton and Austin is his Personal Asst who will be picking up the puppy from the airport.
Are you a 501c3:
Date ready for transport: 6/27/14
Additional info/situation: Hampton has found a ride from our rescue in NC all the way to Pennyan, NY on Sat. June 28. We need to get Hampton the rest of the way to NYC on Sat, June 28 or Sun, June 29. Thank you for helping us.
Last edited by Findinggreathomes on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robo86

Re: Transport from Pennyan, NY to NYC, NY, Sat. June 28

Post by Robo86 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:28 am

What airport in the NYC area were they looking to pick up from?

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:31 am

They live in Manhattan - is there an airport near the city that makes sense? Thank you, Robin

Robo86

Post by Robo86 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:45 am

LGA (LaGuardia), JFK, and EWR (Newark) are mostly out of the question, they are too busy and cost too much to land. KFRG (Republic) in Famingdale is my home base, but it's a hour from the City. There are numerous airports in NJ that are closer, but it depends on what type of transportation that have access to. If they have no car, they could ride the LIRR out to Long Island to pick the doggy up from me, I'd be able to meet them in Wantagh (50 minutes by LIRR from Penn Station).

You may want to ask them what they had in mind, and how flexible they can be.

retridoc

Post by retridoc » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 pm

I can deliver Hampton to the Hamptons, but not until next weekend.
I could drop him off at the East Hampton LIRR station or other locations in the area on the 4th or 5th.

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:07 am

Thank you for your kind offer to fly the pup for us. Our Penn Yan Pilot's sister is driving the dog from Penn Yan to Manhattan tomorrow.