DONE!! Senior Collie - Atlanta, GA to Dayton, OH

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
shangrace

DONE!! Senior Collie - Atlanta, GA to Dayton, OH

Post by shangrace » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:56 pm

Molly made it safely to Ohio on Sep 17th...big thanks to all who assisted in this effort!

Dates: Flexible: Anytime in the Sep 12 to Sep 20th

Very sweet senior female Collie pulled from a Georgia high-kill shelter headed to Tri State Collie Rescue (Dayton, OH). This rescue has folks in Louisville and Lexington KY as well, so can have either of those cities as a destination.
Last edited by shangrace on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tuxedo

Re: Senior Collie - Atlanta, GA (30320) to Dayton, OH (45377)

Post by Tuxedo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:01 pm

If you bring the collie to Lexington Ky. , I will fly her to Dayton Ohio.
Barb

shangrace

Post by shangrace » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks, Barb...If I can get a flight or transport from Atlanta, GA up to Lexington, maybe it'll work in a couple of legs. Will let you know if I can get the first portion covered. Thanks!
Shannon

greyhoundcouch

Post by greyhoundcouch » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:27 pm

How big is the collie? We have two greys coming from FL to Cincinnati and the pilots stop around Atlanta.

Ground Transport to Dayton would be easy.

Suzanne
Cincinnati

shangrace

Post by shangrace » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:17 pm

She's medium sized, underweight at 36lbs right now. Is your ground transport covered by multiple transporters or one long haul?

shangrace

Post by shangrace » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:59 pm

I"m going to post again, this time to try a flight from Knoxville TN to Lexington KY. Since Barb offered to cover the flight from Lexington to Dayton, we should be able to cover this in two flight legs...and I'll just make the drive from Augusta GA on up to Knoxville. Hopefully this will find a pilot up in TN!

Thanks!
Shannon

moski

Post by moski » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:41 pm

What day are you looking for? I will not be available during the first weekend of the PnP5000, but will be available during the second weekend and could get the dog to Knoxville. I'm in Atlanta, so maybe we could meet halfway (say Greene Co airport near Reynolds Plantation?) so you don't have to drive all the way to Knoxville from Augusta.

Of course, if you can't wait until 9/19 then this won't work. Let me know.

Jeff
based at KPDK Atlanta

shangrace

Post by shangrace » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Right now dates are flexible, so that'd be great. We'll need to pin down a best date...if you cover Atlanta to Knoxville, need someone to cover Knoxville to Lexington...then I have Barb covering Lexington to Dayton. I can also have ground transport in Lexington if needed, the receiving rescue group has volunteers around that area...but ultimate destination is Dayton OH.

What date would work best for you? Barb...what about you on your leg?

Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:37 pm

I could fly the second P and P weekend. See private message.
Barb

shangrace

Post by shangrace » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:24 pm

This plan is still on track for the 2nd PnP weekend, but still looking for a Knoxville TN to Lexington KY flight.

May have an option to send Miss Molly on a flight with some Greyhounds, awaiting word back from the organizer of that trip.

Will keep everyone updated...thanks a bunch!!!