DONE! Rescued Weimaraner needs transport B'ham, AL - Jax, FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
luvsdals
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE! Rescued Weimaraner needs transport B'ham, AL - Jax, FL

Post by luvsdals » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:37 am

Hello,

One of our rescue's supporters (and my own rescued Dal Kalli's godmother) is trying to get a rescued weimaraner to it's new home near Jacksonville FL from Cullman AL. I didn't see any pilots listed in the transports cities so am posting this to the board hoping someone can help. Here is what Kathey Leggett sent me about the dog:

Anyone going or knowing of anyone headed south from Birmingham to the Jax, FL or Lake City area and would be willing to have a rescued weirmeraner along for the ride please let me know. We are trying to get Anne Marie from Birmingham to her new home in Jacksonville, Fl the 20th-21st. She is 9 months and around 50 pounds. Even if you are just going in between those 2 cities for a few miles it might make a difference in getting her home for the holidays. Also, anyone who knows of someone who might be willing to take her by air would be great too and I am more than willing to pay for fuel. Thanks guys.

She can be contacted at [email protected] to get more info. If you know anyone that might help please pass this on.

Thank-you,
Pat
Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay
[email protected]
Last edited by luvsdals on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Dogsbody

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES

Re: Rescued Weimaraner needs transport B'ham, AL - Jax, FL

Post by CleoBen » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:40 pm

Kathy,

If the weather cooperates, I could do a leg from B'ham to the southwest Georgia area. There is also a kitten trip that may take place that weekend, so SE region aircrews, let's get these figured out!

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

bross

Post by bross » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:25 am

I could meet you in the Atlanta area and take the last leg down to FL on the 21st.

luvsdals, exactly where near Jacksonville is the dog going? A town name or zip code would helpful.

katheyleggett

Post by katheyleggett » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:39 pm

CleoBen...is Atlanta possible for you? Can get Anne Marie a ride from there to Jax. You can contact me at [email protected]. Thanks

CleoBen

Post by CleoBen » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:07 pm

katheyleggett wrote:CleoBen...is Atlanta possible for you? Can get Anne Marie a ride from there to Jax. You can contact me at [email protected]. Thanks
Kathy,

There are several smaller airports around the Atlanta area that will work, but I don't want to fly into ATL (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International).

Brandon Ross may be able to fly the second leg to Jacksonville and save a road trip for someone.

You can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

TB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

bross

Post by bross » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:49 pm

I replied in email but to get it here too...

I'd prefer PDK as that's my home base. What time do you think you could meet me there?

CleoBen

Post by CleoBen » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Kathy,

I could meet in B'Ham Sunday morning or try to arrange a car pickup from B'Ham to Montgomery on Saturday then depart first thing Sunday morning toward the Atlanta area.

I've talked to BRoss, just need to hear from you to firm things up.

Of course, the weekend weather may dictate or limit options!

CB

bross

Post by bross » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm happy to report that this transport is complete. Pictures are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonros ... 499276760/

I'm glad I was able to help get her to a good home.

luvsdals
Pilot?: No

Post by luvsdals » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:17 am

I'd like to add my own Thank-you to everyone who made this transport a success... y'all rock! It is so nice to be able to read the following from Tibi's (formerly AnnMarie) new family :

"You all have given us the most wonderful gift of life and joy this Christmas. It has taken us this long to even entertain getting a new dog after 15 years with our Golden Maggie. Tibi has already filled that empty space and she is an absolute blessing to us. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you."

Reading this is my the best gift too.

Pat

Ps. Love the pictures bross
General Dogsbody