DONE!Dog from Tampa to Atlanta/Chattanooga/Nashville

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jlcundiff
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE!Dog from Tampa to Atlanta/Chattanooga/Nashville

Post by jlcundiff » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:21 pm

We have a dog that we need to get to rescue in IA - The dog is in Tampa, FL - The dog's current owners are elderly and the dog has turned out to be too much for them. Fortunately for the dog, the owner's daughter works with a rescue in Davenport, IA and are willing to take her into their program. If we could get the dog to Nashville - we could try a ground transport rest of the way - we have not been successful in getting a transport from FL to Nashville. I would be willing to pick the dog up in Chattanooga and Atlanta and get the dog to Nashville and begin the ground transport.

The dog has knocked the owner's over a couple of times, so we really need to get her moved. The dog is about a year and just a puppy and the owner's don't want to euthanize the dog.

If you can help, please contact me at [email protected]
Last edited by jlcundiff on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH

Re: Dog from Tampa to Atlanta/Chattanooga/Nashville

Post by skyking » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:53 am

I can move the pup to the Georgia border (24J) on any day that is convenient to a connecting pilot. I need to know how big the dog is and how much he weighs. He will need to be crated for the trip as well.

Thanks

Jeff
[email protected]
305-797-6356

bross

Post by bross » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:20 am

My current plans are to be in the N FL area doing this transport on Sunday the 21st:

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=432

I could get this dog on the way back to Atlanta. We'll need someone to relay the dog from here in Atlanta to Nashville, or, perhaps, a temporary foster home in the Atlanta area.

jlcundiff
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No

Post by jlcundiff » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Good news is that this dog has been placed locally so we won't need to do a transport any longer.

Thanks for all your support and help.

Carlean