DONE- FILLED Portland, Maine to Rochester, NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
atrulli
Zip Code: 51455
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE- FILLED Portland, Maine to Rochester, NY

Post by atrulli » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Update: The shelter was able to find a home for the one bloodhound girl, so we have one girl left needing to go from shelter to bloodhound rescue. These girls were found in the National Forest near Bar Harbor, ME and never reclaimed. They were then taken from Bar Harbor to Edgecomb, ME. They are estimated to be 8-12 months of age. They are at the Edgecomb Shelter, Edgecomb, MAINE 04556 KIWI - going to Riverside Bloodhound Rescue in Elizabeth, PA via Syracuse, NY KSYR 13244. We can either take them by ground or will set up a second leg from Niagara Falls or Syracuse to KFWQ Rostraver Airport Monongahela, Pennsylvania, USA or an area airport that would work. I would estimate this bloodhound weighs between 60-75 pounds each. She will have her necessary health records.

We so appreciate any help we can get and are totally flexible.

The leaving from Edgecomb, Maine is flexible as is the arrival of the bloodhounds at either destination. I just need to find out where they would be leaving from and set up transport.

Thanks for looking and this is a great service.

Thanks,
Ann - [email protected]
Last edited by atrulli on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paul Schechter

Re: 1 hound pup from Maine 04556 KIWI to Syracuse NY KSYR 13244

Post by Paul Schechter » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:49 pm

I can help this weekend 11/6 -7 if you still need the transport.

Paul
[email protected]
585-261-7169

atrulli

Re: 1 hound pup from Maine 04556 KIWI to Syracuse NY KSYR 13244

Post by atrulli » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi Paul,
I checked with Riverside Bloodhound Rescue today and the police officer said the shelter never got back to her with the picture or information that was promised two weeks ago when I first posted. The most I can do is call them in the morning to see what her status is... and where would you be picking her up from to see if I can get someone to meet you?

Thanks -- you are a sweetheart.

Ann

atrulli

DONE -- Portland, Maine 04556 KIWI to Rochester NY

Post by atrulli » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:16 pm

DONE - FILLED Paul is the greatest... He offered to transport, was very patient and flexible to assist in every way with flying further, changing dates, since we couldn't get enough ground transport. He coordinated by phone with both the receiving transport and the end transport person. He gave a very calming and specific details for the transporters to meet him. He was professional and caring and everything went very smooth. He comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED... Lincoln County Animal Shelter and Riverside Bloodhound Rescue could not thank him enough for helping to save this bloodhound girl.