FILLED Dls/Ft W 75230 to MT 59714 2 Min Pins

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MonteMayhem

FILLED Dls/Ft W 75230 to MT 59714 2 Min Pins

Post by MonteMayhem » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Lonestar Miniature Pinscher Rescue in the Dallas/Ft Worth area is being shut down and Internet Miniature Pinscher Services (IMPS) is frantically trying to take as many of the 97 Miniature Pinscher dogs in as our fosters can manage nationwide. We realize that multiple legs will have to be organized and I'm up to it if you are!

We have two to go to the Gallatin, MT area ASAP after 11/18. They range in weight from 10-20lbs and our volunteers will be sure to be flexible in scheduling and arrive with ground transport promptly.

Many thanks for any help you can provide!

Heather Arambel, 307-660-3160 or email [email protected]
WY Co-Regional Coordinator IMPS (& PNP posting helper)

TX Coordinator on sending end: Katherine Harlan at [email protected]
MT IMPS Volunteer on receiving end: Dawn Moore 406-961-4940 or email at [email protected]
Last edited by MonteMayhem on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

rylan01

Re: Dallas/Ft Worth 75230 to Gallatin Field, MT 59714 2 Min Pins

Post by rylan01 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:34 am

Heather,

I may be able to talk the husband into carrying the two min pins to Colorado Springs. From there, it may be easier to arrange transport to Missoula, MT.

Let me know if this may be an option.

BTW...thanks to Northwest Flight 188, I can no longer carry animals on a flight I am working. But I am still able to carry them on flights I am traveling as a passenger.

Sarah Murphy Case
Delta Airlines pilot

bigskybonanza

Post by bigskybonanza » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Hello Heather.

If you get the dogs as far north as northern Wyoming, I can do the last protion of the flight. However it is tough this time of year to get good weather. I am only a VFR pilot. I'll keep an eye on this end. Let me know if I can help
Randy.

MonteMayhem

Post by MonteMayhem » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Sarah,

If you can talk your husband into bringing the 2 MT-bound dogs to CO Springs with him and if Randy could then pick them up from me in Gillette or Sheridan or some other close place around here, then IMPS could try to figure out a way to get them from CO Springs up here to Northeast, WY. Let me know what your hubby says (we don't know for sure when the court will release the dogs) and when your husband could possibly bring them back to CO with him. Then I'll work with IMPS, possibly post another PNP request etc to get them here.

Randy,

I am well aware of weather-induced flight constraints around here. Besides snow, rain and wind, what is your cutoff temperature for being able to fly?

Thanks so much!!!

Heather Arambel 307-660-3160

ac98wm
Zip Code: 80129
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by ac98wm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm based in Denver and could help with the CO Springs to WY leg. I can only make flights on weekends however. So if "the husband" can get the dog to CO Springs, try to get a schedule proposed and see if we can make it work. If there are overnight's required then we will need someone to do temporary housing for the dogs.

-Adam
-Adam

Denver, CO
Home Base: KAPA (Centennial Airport)
200 NM OK
Typically Weekends Only

Mrbusybody
Zip Code: 83404
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KIDA

Post by Mrbusybody » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:50 am

I can fly or drive from Idaho Falls, ID (KIDA) to Belgrade, Fridays through Sunday. It has already been noted that good weather is hard to come by, and for me early flying starts are out since I do not hanger my plane.
Mrbusybody

rylan01

Post by rylan01 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Hello Ya'll

I will ask Jim on Saturday about bringing a couple of min pins to Co. Springs from Dallas. If it works for him, we can hold them for a couple of days at our house in CO...I could then meet someone between C. Springs and Denver?

The first half of December works better right now..

Will repost on Saturday afternoon (the 21st).....this is after I ask and then feed him a big turkey day dinner!!!!

Sarah

bigskybonanza

Post by bigskybonanza » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Sarah
I noticed that there are 2 requests for minpins to Montana. (one for Bozeman and one for Misoulla) If he could bring both of them at once. I could knock out both requests in one flight.
Randy.

MonteMayhem

Post by MonteMayhem » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Sarah, Adam & Randy,

Provided Sarah's hubby is up for the transport and can bring a couple dogs at once to CO Springs I think we all can make this work. The volunteers in MT are evn willing to meet Randy at his home base of Helena. We would of course be thrilled with bringing up two dogs, but four to MT would be even better ( I realize though that that would take two flights to CO Spinrgs for Sarah's hubby and that probably won't be able to happen).

Possible plan at this time:
Leg 1 = Dogs with Sarah's husband from Dallas or Ft Worth to Co Springs (need to figure out how many can go)
Leg 2 = Weekend only flight from CO Springs to somewhere in WY (I am in Gillette, but can meet up almost anywhere, shcedule provided) with Adam
Leg 3 = Randy picks up in NE WY and transports to Helena?

Thanks Mr Busy body for the drive or fly offer. I'll keep you posted if it's needed, but it looks like we might have a workable plan.

Amazing guys...longest trip asked for and it looks like it might be possible. THANK YOU in advance!!!!

Heather
307-660-3160

ac98wm
Zip Code: 80129
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA

Post by ac98wm » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:34 pm

COS to Gillette WY will work for me as a leg.

How will these min-pins be traveling? Will they each have their own small crate? If the crates are the size of basically a cat crate, then I can fit all four crates for my leg. Can't speak for the other pilots...

For planning purposes, do the dogs have overnight stays arranged in either COS or Gillette? We will need to know how many of these legs need to happen on the same day. Daylight and weather may be a factor for some of the pilots. For my leg, I will probably have the dogs for about 4 hours from hand off to hand off. With these short winter days, if I am the second leg in one day, that will put Randy into the dark hours for sure (perhaps even my leg would be in the dark). My preference is for daylight only legs.

-Adam
-Adam

Denver, CO
Home Base: KAPA (Centennial Airport)
200 NM OK
Typically Weekends Only