ABMC Belgain needs ride from Jacksonville FL to Columbia, SC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
CDussex

ABMC Belgain needs ride from Jacksonville FL to Columbia, SC

Post by CDussex » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Hello,

I am desperately looking for help to move Katrina from Jacksonville Florida to Charlotte, NC or Columbia, SC. Katrina is a seven year old Belgian Malinois that was displaced when her owners lost their house and were forced to move into an apartment. We have found her a wonderful Forever Home in NC but need help transporting her. I have worked several times with PNP and wondered if there was any way you could help Katrina find her way home.

Katrina is very well behaved, approximately 55 pounds, spayed, and completely up to date on all her health care. A volunteer dog wrangler would meet you in Jacksonville, load Katrina and the new family would meet you on the other end to unload Katrina and Thank you from the bottom of their heart.

Thank you for your consideration. If you can help or have any suggestions please drop me an email.

Colleen Dussex
ABMC Belgian Malinois Rescue
[email protected]

wayneowens

Re: ABMC Belgain needs ride from Jacksonville FL to Columbia, SC

Post by wayneowens » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

Katrina has found her way home!

I might be able to help next week . Weather looks iffy down here (South of Savannah) for a few days.
My preference would be to pick upthe dog at Fernandina airport (less complex airspace than Craig field in Jax). Craig field is doable if getting the dog to Fernandina (FHB) is a burden. Also Charlotte would not be friendly to small aircraft (and expensive). I would prefer to land at a smaller airport in the area such as Charlotte Monroe or Rock Hill SC. I gave away my harness on the last flight. Can you ger a harness for the dog? Would the dog be OK in a space 24 x 20 x36 inches high for 2 hours flying time?
Last edited by wayneowens on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

aamsler

Post by aamsler » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Wayne,
I am based on Columbia if you would like to break the trip into two legs. Are you based in Savannah or Jax?
Allen

wayneowens

Post by wayneowens » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:42 pm

dont forget to close out this request.