rescue dog needs transport for surgery (fractured leg)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
RezDawgRescue

rescue dog needs transport for surgery (fractured leg)

Post by RezDawgRescue » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Small (31 pounds) yellow lab mix (1 1/2 years old) female dog - rescued from eastern navajo reservation - new mexico. needs transport from Albuquerque, NM to Columbia, MO (or to St. Louis, MO).

Dr. Cook at Univ of MO Vet School has offered to perform surgery to save Hobble Along Cassidy's left leg. she was probably hit by a car - Dr Cook feels that if he can not perform this surgery in the next 2-3 weeks, it may be too late to save her leg. (She has a bad fracture of her 'elbow'). She also has several fractured toes in her right foot - being treated with antibiotics and pain medication.

Luvin Labs rescue of Tijeras, NM is paying for her medical treatment - she is currently being fostered in Crownpoint, NM. We are also looking into possible ground transportation for her, but this transport needs to take place soon in order to save her leg. (Vet in Albuquerque does not have the expertise to save her leg - he would amputate)

If you can help, please let me know. Thank you.
Mary Vitt
cell #505-480-5978
work: 505-786-6148 (7:30 to 4:00pm mountain time)
Attachments
Cassidy A.jpg
Cassidy A.jpg (207.74 KiB) Viewed 418 times

RezDawgRescue

Re: rescue dog needs transport for surgery (fractured leg)

Post by RezDawgRescue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 am

Update:
I could get Cassidy to Amarillo, TX and I know someone who could pick her up in Springfield, MO.
If anyone can get her from Amarillo to Springfield...
Not having any luck in arranging ground transportation. The clock is ticking on saving her leg.
thank you!
Mary Vitt

sgemp1
Zip Code: 81223
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KANK
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by sgemp1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:59 am

I can take her from New Mexico to Springfield, MO but cannot fly until the 28th, 29th, or 30th of April. That may be too late. Just let me know if I can help.
Sharon (719)434-7095

RezDawgRescue

Post by RezDawgRescue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Let me check with someone on their availability to get Cassidy to the airport (in Albuquerque) on either the 28, 29 or 30. I also need to see if Mary (who has offered to drive from St. Louis to Springfield, MO) is available during the week to pick her up OR if I can find someone else to do so.

I will be out of town ALL of next week for a conference (Phoenix) - of course, in the WRONG direction...

I appreciate your offer and will do some checking and get back to you!

Thank you!!! Mary Vitt
[email protected]

8324T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSUS
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 8324T » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:56 am

I can't do the 28th, but If she can be in Springfield on the 27th, I could get her from there to either St. Louis, MO or Columbia, MO which it looks like is where the surgery will be done. I would need a crate.
Mike McGrath - IFR
Piper Saratoga - N8324T
Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS)

RezDawgRescue

Post by RezDawgRescue » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:43 pm

I am checking with Sharon to see if she can do the flight on friday, the 30th of april. the vet did not seem to think that would be too late.
My nephew will be available on the 30th to drive from St. Louis to Springfield to pick Cassidy up and take her back to St. Louis.
Thanks!!!
Mary
#505-480-5978

RezDawgRescue

Post by RezDawgRescue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Mission accomplished! Sharon and her husband transported Cassidy directly to Columbia, MO today! Thank you!!! Cassidy will have her surgery in the morning.