PILOTS GOING TO THE 6/20 FLY-IN

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Skywagon180

PILOTS GOING TO THE 6/20 FLY-IN

Post by Skywagon180 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Pilots... Is anyone coming from the northeast to the fly-in ???? How sad it would be to go home empty-handed... There are 8 (10-11 week old) pyr/lab pups that I could bring to you from Chattanooga. I will have 4 people in my plane but 8 pups would fit nicely in the baggage. They are going to Jamestown NY.. The post is on the forum.

Rhonda Miles
pilot

Jon

Re: PILOTS GOING TO THE 6/20 FLY-IN

Post by Jon » Wed May 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Rhonda,

I just delivered 20 pups to Dawn today and the way we left it was that she will work with the FBO at Jamestown and Dunkirk to see if a local pilot will bring her down to the fly-in and then bring her and the pups back. I am emailing the owner of the FBO's the pertinent poop. FWIW the Nalbones that own the two FBOs are huge animal lovers and have supported PNP via $.50 discounts for fuel from the beginning. I have known them for years and if there is any way to make this happen they will.

Skywagon180

Post by Skywagon180 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:05 pm

That would be great Jon.. I can bring them from Chattanooga to the fly-in...

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu May 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Rhonda, I have emailed Lenny Nalbone all the links to the fly in and hope he can find a pilot to make this happen.

Part of the problem if he fails is distance. The number of miles is enough so he may need a plane in the 150 knot range to make it work.

Annette&Jeff

Post by Annette&Jeff » Sat May 29, 2010 10:45 am

Hello Rhonda,

We are fostering the pups in Chattanooga, we also have a small (less than 25 pounds) adult female dog that Dawn is taking. Will she fit with the pups? I have posted to the site to get her a ride sooner than the 20th, but have had no responses yet. Jeff and I have talked about driving to Greenville to meet everyone on the "fly in" day, and just see the "site"..it sounds awesome.....But we are not sure we can get that to happen,,that is still up in the air (ha!).

If she won't fit with your passengers and pups I understand...Do you know of any pilots that could / would fly to Jamestown before June 20th....We are willing to meet at Chatt, K'ville, or even Atlanta area airports.

She is a good pup, but I have "several" of my own personal dogs and the pups we are fostering will be at my house this weekend....I live in a subdivision, so the goal is to keep rescuing and fostering and Not get tossed out of the neighborhood!

Thanks
Annette

Paul Schechter

Post by Paul Schechter » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:07 pm

I am not going to the 6/20 fly in but can bring the pups to Jamestown. I am based out of Rochester ny and can split flight with Jon. Let me know how many and how large they are. I would need to do this before the weekend of the 18-20. I am unavailable that weekend.

Paul
[email protected]
585-261-7169

Skywagon180

Post by Skywagon180 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Annette,

Even if I don't have room in my plane,my boss is going in his, so we can take care of the extra one.

Rhonda

Skywagon180

Post by Skywagon180 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Also, I don't know of anyone going that way yet. I can't do anything until the 20th myself.

Rhonda

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:02 am

Because of my schedule I cannot consider any transports until August. I wish I could help but too much is going on for the next two months.

Paul Schechter

Post by Paul Schechter » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:11 am

If Jon can't help maybe there is another pilot who can get the dogs say halfway to the west virginia area and I can do the rest.

Paul
[email protected]
585-261-7169